“This shop is part of a social shopper marketing insight campaign with Pollinate Media Group™ and Dr. Pepper Snapple Group but all my opinions are my own. #pmedia #TENways http://my-disclosur.es/OBsstV”
1. Be Realistic
First and foremost, let's set realistic goals. I can't tell you how many times I have said that I am going to lose X amount of pounds and then after one week step on the scale only to be so discouraged that I give up all together. Let's face it, we aren't teenagers any more. Our bodies have changed. Many of us have birthed babies and we just don't come back from that. Not 100%. So let's make a goal to be a better version of ourselves and not fail at being a perfect replica of the girls in magazines. Then we can wear it proud. Deal? Let's move on.
2. Water, Water and more Water.
Drink it up ladies. Not only drink it, plan it out. We have been told a million and one times that we should always drink at least eight glasses a day but what if we planned them out better. Instead of trying to chug them down at the end of the day when we realize we forgot (admit it. I'm not alone here), let's put them in the most helpful areas of our day. Drink 2 glasses before your big meals of the day. This will help to fill your tummy before you fill it with excess food. The other 2 glasses, put them between meals to keep you full longer. Make sure to still eat up your needed calories though. Water does not replace food.
3. Exercise
Whaaa?!?! You mean to tell me that stuff actually works. Lik,e more than the magic pill that you got off the infomercial. Yeah, go figure. In the past, I avoided exercise like the plague. No time. No energy. NO! It only takes 30 minutes of getting your heart rate moving to see some results. The energy, you'll get more of it if you get your body moving. So dance, or run, or take the kids for a walk up hill. It will suck majorly at first but you will appreciate it later.
4. Choose Lower Calorie Options
I have a weakness for soda. I love it but it's usually not an option while trying to get fit. I am not a fan of diet so it puts a wrench in my goals. So, I was thrilled when I found the TEN Sodas at Wal-Mart. Ten Calorie soda that still tastes like...well, soda. I was able to cut my calories but have a full flavor drink. Totally cheating the system without cheating myself. I'm a huge fan of the A&W. Oh, and if you want to really splurge and treat yourself, add a scoop of Vanilla frozen yogurt and thank me later. Mmmm.
Wal-Mart also has 7-Up Ten, Sunkist Ten, and Canadian Dry Ten. Get $0.50 off of the purchase of two 2 Liter bottles or two 4-pack cans with this offer or if you were to share that digital coupon you can get a $1.50 off coupon instead!. Offer available while Supplies Last.
The 10 Calorie Sodas are also really great options for using in recipes that call for soda. I want to give pulled pork a try with the A&W Ten!
Follow the makers on Facebook and Twitter.
5. Replace a Meal with a Green Smoothie
It's so easy to chose bad options for meals when we are running around taking care of kids, jobs or just life in general. A muffin or a doughnut are convenient in the morning. What if instead though, we grabs a bunch of healthy ingredients, like spinach and fruits, and blended up a green smoothie for breakfast. Not only would we be giving our bodies less calories but good healthy ones at that. Greens don't have to be the yucky choice, we have found so many smoothies that we love, like our Kid Friendly Smoothie.
6. No Midnight Snack
Please, don't hurt me. I know. I get it. I love dessert in bed as much as the next girl. Probably more. Eating at bedtime or really anytime after 8pm, is usually always a bad idea. Unless you are PMSing or having the day from "you know where", put down the Oreos and hop back in bed. Trust me it works. Even if you do cry to your husband that you are starving but only for ice cream. Shout out to my hubby! Ha!
7. Portion Control
Simple way to do some good ol' portion control? Use a smaller plate. Serve yourself a meal on your salad plates. The plate doesn't start off looking empty, so you don't feel ripped off. You still are getting the food you want, just a little less. If you are still hungry, you can get up for more but this will stop you from overeating simply because it is there. Make sure to carry over this rule during snacks as well. Instead of grabbing a bag of chips because it's easy, have a small bag of low sodium almonds on hand.
Now girls, go buy your bathing suits and wear them proud. Oh, and hop in front of the camera with your kids. These are memories you will want to remember. Don't miss out because Junior added 5 pounds to your hips and his sister gave you love handles.



.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment