There is our clothing. We wear it for practical reasons. You know, like staying warm and being modest. It is also worn to make us feel good about ourselves. We keep up with the latest fashions. We wear accessories to help out the cute factor. We wear our clothing as an expression of ourselves and our likes.
It's our wedding band representing a commitment between ourself and our spouse. It is the heirloom piece handed down from one generation to the next. We hold these pieces near and dear to our hearts. They stand the test of the trendy times. We cling to them for a life time.
Today I received one of those items from a close friend.
If you know my story or have read my blog recently, you know of the loss of not one but two babies that we never got the chance to hold.
I have struggled so much lately to simply get by. My heart aches for the babies I am missing. My friend Tess was able to capture it all in one gift. To help this hurting mommy on a path of healing. All with this necklace.
::Necklace- Amy Cornwell::
The heart charm. One heart for each one of our children. The two who are here with us and the two who are not.
And then two angel wings.
For the first time there is a visual of our family. Complete. Not just what meets the eye but what truly is.
Beyond that, this necklace represents the support and love of our friends. The prayers that they have poured out on us. The love they have for, not only us, but for our family. Our COMPLETE family. The extent of this gift cannot be expressed. The appreciation for this gift cannot be expressed. The joy that came from this gift cannot be expressed.
Because of what I'm wearing today, I feel a little more whole than I did yesterday.



I love this post. And I'm so sorry for your pain. What a beautiful reminder.
ReplyDeleteI have ALWAYS been in LOVE with your ring! Its different and GORGEOUS! Love you friend, and LOVE this post!
ReplyDeleteIt was such a joy to work with Tess on this special piece. I'm so glad she contacted me and that it brings you peace today!
ReplyDeletebeautiful post
ReplyDeleteGreat outfit, beautiful necklace. So sorry for your loss. I'm praying you will find peace and comfort.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful!! The picture of you is beautiful and so is that necklace! Tess you are such an amazing friend. Praying for you continuously friend!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful!! Beautiful! What a precious detail Tess <3
ReplyDeleteWhat an amazing gift <3 Its a perfect way to keep those dear to you, close to your heart each and every day <3 Words cannot even begin to describe how deeply sorry i am for you Kris, i cant even fathom the pain you have gone through, but remember god would never give you something he didn't think you could handle. I will keep you in my prayers Love.
ReplyDeleteKrystyna
So sorry for you loss! I can't imagine how hard that must be but what abeautiful gift.
ReplyDeleteWhat a sweet and beautiful gift!
ReplyDeleteWhat a meaningful gift!
ReplyDelete