Monday, July 7, 2014

BJ's Restaurants New Mobile App

“This shop is part of a social shopper marketing insight campaign with Pollinate Media Group® and BJ’s Restaurants, but all my opinions are my own. #DineInOrderAhead #pmedia  http://my-disclosur.es/OBsstV


Meal times are a big deal in our family. It is about more than just eating. It is about gathering around a table and enjoying each other. It is for this reason that we love going out to eat. Although I like to cook, skipping the responsibilities and just spending time with those I care about is such a treat for me.

Since having kids, dining out has gotten harder and harder. Having a child with autism and some pretty serious sensory disorders has made eating out nearly impossible. The long wait for a seat is just the start of the meltdowns. Having 4 kiddos need to sit still (especially our sensory seeker) while we wait for drinks and food can be brutal. If we manage to make it through that, by the grace of God, waiting for the check and then the back and forth of leaving a card, having it charged and so forth promises a not so fun time. Not for us and not for those in surrounding seats who get to endure a meltdown with us.

All of that being said, dining out as a family has become almost non-existent. When it does happen, it almost always ends in tears. Not just for the kids. For me too. Tears of embarrassment, of frustration and sometimes tears stemming from the feeling of failing our kids. I mean, it shouldn't be that hard, right?

When I was first introduced to the idea of BJ's Restaurants Dine In Order Ahead and Mobile Pay Features on their new mobile app, I had no idea what it would mean for our family. We knew that the convenience would help us to hurry through a meal...maybe we would survive an outing. You guys! We not only survived, we enjoyed a meal out as a family. For the first time in a very long time. Do you know how big of a deal this is? Like seriously!!!


We tried the app out for the first time last Sunday. After church, I downloaded it on my iPhone (it is available on Androids as well), explored the menu and placed everyone's orders as we drove to BJ's Restaurant.



When we arrived, we simply told the hostess that we used the Dine in Order Ahead app and we were seated pretty quickly. If you are already close to the restaurant, I would recommend ordering a few minutes before leaving or use the Preferred Waitlist feature, we would have gotten in even more quickly had we done that.



Almost immediately after being seated our drinks arrived. Only 5 minutes after that, our appetizer arrived, followed by the kids food and our meals. Pizookie came as we were finishing up our food.


My favorite part, Mobile Pay, before we were even done with dessert I was able to pay the bill right from my phone. No awkward asking for the bill. No shuffling back and forth or waiting. The second we finished our meal we were able to pack up and go. No tantrums waiting around while ready to go. It was amazing. We were in and out in 41 minutes! The only tears shed after this meal were of relief and sheer joy that we were able to dine out as a family again.



I know so many people who could benefit from using this app. I would highly recommend this for families with littles, parents who need to rush through date night in order to capitalize on babysitter times or if you are catching a meal in a rush.


Download the Dine in Order Ahead App now!
Download the app for your iPhone or Android and enjoy a delicious meal with ease.

I am so excited to be able to go out to dinner with my little family for my birthday later this month. It will be the first time in 2 years that we have been able to do that. It is the little things!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails