I have also decided that all birthdays, other than the big ones (one, five, ten, sixteen) will be done a little more simplistic. Talon's last birthday was rough on me, I tried smaller and hated it, you can read about that here. For Little Man's party, I feel like I found my place. I still stuck to the more handmade, personalized feel but incorporated some store bought and simple accents. I loved it. And Little man...well, we still have a few decorations up. We are having to gradually move things.
The theme this year was Yo Gabba Gabba. He is obsessed and we couldn't think of anything he would love more.
We stuck with bright colors. Trying to only use the colors of the characters. Purchased the pinwheels pre-made (just needed to be fanned out) from party city. It helped to keep a handmade look without the extra work.
The party was later in the day, planned around nap time, so we only served snacks and desserts. My goodness did that save us time. I am usually in the kitchen for hours on party days. This party was all prepped the day before.
Added in some balloons and character decorations and we were set. It was a hit with little man.






No comments:
Post a Comment