Monday, February 27, 2012

Praying for a Sleeping Baby

Last night while I was praying with Steven, he prayed for our future foster babies. For their protection, whether in the womb or laying in their beds. In those little words, it all became real. It hit me like a ton of bricks.

I don't know what I have thought up until this point. I know what foster care is. I know why kids get placed "in the system". I have even prepared myself, as much as one can, for the possibility of a drug addicted infant. But really, up until this point, I have been a bit naive.

In that moment, while Steven prayed for a child sleeping in a bed. I realized, my foster child, my child, may be in an abusive home right now. My child may be neglected and abused. It may be happening at this very second.

My heart is aching. My heart is hurting so badly for the children I haven't met. For all of those poor babies, hurting, waiting to be rescued.Waiting for someone to come in and save them from the physical and emotional pain.

I get it now. I get why God has called us to this amazing thing called foster care. We need to be there on the other end when they are taken from their unsafe homes. We need to be there with open arms, to hurt with them and help them heal.

You can help too!

I am not saying that you need to drop everything in your life and go become a foster parent. But if God calls you to, please answer His call.

What you CAN do, is pray with us.
Pray for each and every child in and out of the system.
Pray for their safety.
Pray for their hearts to heal.
Pray for their biological parents.
Just pray.

I've said it before and I know I will say it over and over again...God has a plan. He has a purpose. We need to be praying, interceding daily. Without ceasing. We can all make a difference in these children's lives. It's as simply as a prayer. Jesus saves and He heals. He works miracles if we believe for them. So pray for miracles for these hurting children. Pray for miracles for the parents. A softening of their hearts.

Just Pray. Pray. Pray!


3 comments:

  1. I agree! I will be praying for you...When did did foster our kids had been through so much, we only survived by the grace of God. When the reality of the situation hit it hit BIG!! I will say one thing that I didn't realize till it was too late...Altough my child, was being abuse, my child was being neglected, my child was hurt & broken..My was someone else's child. That was the hardest realizeation for us. Pray for the parents of these children...They are just as lost & hurt as these kids. Doesn't make it the least bit ok, but I guarantee it will make things easy because you will have that compassion for them during this process...I know every every experience is differernt, I did 3 years of it, through it all that was my one regret. We will keep you all in prayer!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This brought me to tears.... Praying friend. Makes me wanna foster, RIGHT NOW!!! praying..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I realized this one day while driving home a year or so ago and had to pull over because I was crying so hard. It really stinks to think about, but you just have to remember that they will be safe in your home one day.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails