Thursday, July 11, 2013

Corbin's Quilt

Well, we are about a week out from having baby #4 and this mama is in full blown nesting mode. The nursery is just about complete. We call it Corbin's Corner. That's basically what it is, about a third of Rhiannon's room that is all his own.

When we first looked at the space, I was super sad, just too little room for a baby. After moving things around and decorating a little bit I am happy to say that it does not look like we are putting the baby in a corner.

There are still a couple of things that need to be added to the room but I was so excited to finish his quilt before he actually got here that I decided to just do that before the whole room reveal.



I knew I wanted something simple for his blanket. He will only be in Rhiannon's room until Little Man is adopted or goes home, so at 10-12 months. Then he will move into the boy room where his theme will change.

We went with colors that we pulled out of Rhi's uber girly room. To save money on both the quilt and the baby shower, we made table runners for the shower and then cut them up for the quilt when it was over. Also, being the cheap person I am, decided to use bed sheets for table cloths...because.. well fabric table cloths are way too expensive. So I cut one of those up and used it for the border. Two birds, one stone...or is that three birds?

For the front, just basic geometric rectangular strips and a border. Simple, bright, fun. Done.

Looking at the picture, it clearly needs to be ironed. Eek.
 The back, we found a totally comfy and cute Chevron minky that matched the blue on the front.


I love the quilt. He can hang onto it for quite a while because of the simplicity and it only took a day and a half to make. On a very low budget.

Pay no attention to the half naked toddler...comes with the job.

What projects are you working on this week?


Linking up with: Live, Laugh, Linky

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails