I thought it would be fun to take a look back at the dump we turned into a home. I am not being harsh people. Just wait.
About 7 years ago, we decided to buy a mobile home as an investment to one day use towards a down payment. In order to make more money and stay in budget (the very small one we had), we bought a dump that was in a really nice park. My dad is an amazing woodworker and dabbles in pretty much anything that would need to be done and agreed to do the work at cost. He's awesome, right? On top of my dad, I have a super handy husband who was able to do a lot of the stuff on his own when he wasn't at work. My brother and uncle also came and helped out with the bigger projects.
All this to say, we looked at this clunker of a mobile home and knew that we could make it work on a tight budget.
Today, let's look at the before pictures. Later this week, after we do the photos to list, I will share those as the afters. The afters of the work and also, it's been lived in for about 6.5 years.
Okay, who's ready for a crazy flash back?
Welcome. We joked that the poor birdhouse was an miniature of the broken down house inside.
Let's dive right in with a look at the bathrooms. These were the first to be fixed up. We wouldn't shower or use the restroom here until they were. The toilet in this bathroom would sink into the floor if you tried anyway. So much water damage. The stuff in the shower? Parting gifts from the previous owners, I guess.
The kitchen and dining room are the biggest transformations in my opinion. I felt like I was in jail in there and the Denny's breakfast corner...well that could have been cool if it wasn't crammed in there.
The bedrooms and living rooms had black paper covering all windows and mirrors before we took these photos. One of the brothers (it was being occupied by the deceased owners adult sons), didn't like to see his reflection so it was all covered. Many of the flooring had to be replaced due to water damage from indoor plants.
All in all, it was a mess. Cannot wait to show you our after photos.
See the After Photos Here.




No comments:
Post a Comment