There are some big big changes happening here at Rock-A-Bow.
We have come to realize that the way things are done here at Rock-A-Bow are not what is best for our family. Since Rock-A-Bow has started it has been a made to order shop. If you don't know what that means, Made to order is when a customer comes to shop, they purchase their items and then it is made to be shipped to them.
This has been okay for us. I only make what I need to. I don't have to purchase tons of fabric ahead of time. It just was most doable for us.
With the recent increase of business, in the past 6 months, it's becoming quite overwhelming. I feel like I am always playing catch up. Do any of you shop owners feel that way?
When I have nothing going on, no orders. I sit. When I am busy, it feels like someone has opened the flood gate to customers. It has been such a blessing but so hard on myself and my family.
So...we are changing it up. Starting this week, everything in the shop will be ready to ship. (except dresses and custom orders). That means that everything you see in the shop is already made and will be shipped out within the week. As you may have noticed, the shop is in maintenance mode right now. That is because we are filling it up with LOTS of product.
As for now, we are calling this a trial run. We will see how this goes this month and reevaluate. So please please please give your feedback. I want to know if you all like the new system. Hate it. Or are happy either way.
I feel like this will be a win/win. I get to make product in my down time. Hopefully limiting my game of catch up. And you, the customer will get your items faster. Only time will tell. The shop should be re-opened by the end of today or tomorrow.
Oh yes and you will be wanting to check the blog tomorrow and the days following. We are having HUGE sales on Black Friday, Small Biz Saturday and Cyber Monday. All of which will be announced in the next few days. I think you will be pleased :)
No comments:
Post a Comment