We didn't do anything extraordinary this week. We are on a new schedule to help me keep up with our busy life. Because I didn't want to stray to much from the schedule yet, we laid low. We stayed around the house. Cleaning and playing and working and paying some more. I really enjoyed the quiet time with the kids. I feel like, sometimes, that is when the best memories are made. When you are just in the quiet of your home, simply living life.
We often get so caught up in the world around us that we forget to just enjoy our own little world. So this past week, we did just that.
On Saturday, we had some friends over. They have a little guy. He is a complete an utter joy. I feel in love with him instantly of course. I knew I would. It was my toddlers who I was worried about. I wasn't sold that Talon would like a baby around. Someone interfering with his mommy obsession. Which made me worry about when it is time to bring in our first foster baby.
But then, in walked Fenix. Well, he was carried in but you catch my drift. As soon as that baby entered the room, my love at first sight moment was stolen...by Talon. The kids adored him. They couldn't get enough.
Can you blame them? Look at that face, those chubs. He is adorable and happy and sweet. The little guy was confirmation that the kids are in fact ready for a baby in our home. YAY!
I love how God uses ordinary experiences, like hanging out with our friends, to show us sure signs of the plans that He has for our lives.

That is so so sweet! What a blessing to really know that the kids are ready to open a foster child into your home. I am so excited for you & the family!!
ReplyDeleteOn Saturday, we had some friends over. They have a little guy. He is a complete an utter joy. I feel in love with him instantly of course. I knew I would. It was my toddlers who I was worried about. I wasn't sold that Talon would like a baby around. Someone interfering with his mommy obsession. Which made me worry about when it is time to bring in our first foster baby.
ReplyDeletecosmetic surgeons virginia