Monday, June 18, 2012

Sun-Dried Tomato and Feta Burger

Grilling season is here! Can I just start by telling you that we love when summer comes around. It means the beach, swimming at our pool and eating outside. What more could one ask for?

With lots of BBQs approaching, we have been playing around with burgers at my place. This weekend I tried something completely different. I usually try to make the men happy with things like Bacon Jalapeno Sliders but the this time I thought we would do something the girls would put together.

Sun-Dried Tomato and Feta Burgers
 


 

Ingredients:
1 lb Ground Beef
1/8 cup Italian Bread Crumbs
1 egg
2 Tbsp. Basil
1/2 cup Feta Cheese Crumbles
3/4 cup Sun dried tomatoes
1/4 cup yellow onion, diced


First things first. You are going to want to dice up your onion and sun dried tomatoes. Make sure you chop small enough pieces so they are evenly distributed in the burger.


 

Combine all ingredients in a medium sized bowl. Mix it up real good. Spoons are for wimps, get in there with your hands.


 

Form your patties and throw them on the grill. I cheated. I often cheat. If you have 2 toddlers running wild, I give you permission to follow my bad example, defeat the purpose of grilling and throw those bad boys on a grill pan.

You are going to grill for 3-7 min on each side, depending on the size of your burgers and how you like them cooked.


While your burgers are a-grillin' pop the buns in the toaster...or straight on your grill if you are being legit and actually BBQing the burgers.


Add a little more feta on top of the burger.


 

And Enjoy. We added a tiny bit of basil and mayo mixture on the bun. Such a yummy burger!

9 comments:

  1. OMG, I want these for breakfast...is that wrong...LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MY GOODNESS! Those are a few of my favorite things, thrown into a burger!!! I want one NOW! YUMMY!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were delicious. I have a list of burgers I want to throw together. I'm on a kick haha.

      Delete
    2. All Im hearing is 'Tess come over and try them out!' and ' If you bring half the ingredients, we can all have a burger party!' WAIT thats not a bad idea.... haha :o)

      Delete
    3. Im thinking we need a family potluck soon. Seriously though. Imma add it to the calendar.

      Delete
  3. You just made my tastebuds sing! Yum-o!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Now you need to make it and tell me if it lives up to the recipe :)

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails