Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Sole Hope



This past Saturday, I was privileged enough to be a part of something huge. A work that was placed in the hearts of two of my friends. An organization that shines the love of Christ.


Sole Hope is an organization who says "putting closed toed shoes on African children, one pair at a time" is what they do. Being a part of even one event, showed me that they do so much more than that.


They love. They reach out. They share the truth of the Love God has for us. They allow us to be a part of it.



I wish I could share with you all that they do. What this organization is about, instead I want to ask you to head over to their site. Look around.

The men cutting the hard backing foe heels.

I would love to direct you to the tab titled Get Involved. Consider hosting a shoe cutting party. Or if you can't do that and are local, come to mine... I am not sure when but Steven and I will be hosting one soon. We would love if you could come and give your time and hearts for these children.

Nat showing us what to do.
The shoe cutting party I attended was hosted by my sweet friend Natalie and her husband Micah. This couple can throw a shindig. The beauty of the event was amazing but came nothing close to showing the beauty in their hearts or the passion they have for this cause.

Donated Denim and fabric for shoes.
 God did amazing things at that party. He blessed all of us in the process. HE was there. HE was moving and HE provided.

Tracing and cutting shoe patterns

If you want to hear all about the plans He had and what He did through our willing hands, head over here and read about it.

Donations for a raffle with proceeds going to Sole Hope.



I hope you will all take a look at Sole Hope and see how you can be used.

On a less serious note, how about a photo outtake?






That would be Micah, photo-bombing my picture of the donation table.

3 comments:

  1. I saw the party on Instagram and was moved to tears! Our woman's group at church is now planning on hosting one! What an incredible organization!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is awesome! You need to attend. It is such a great organization.

      Delete
    2. That is fantastic! So blessed to hear that!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails