Wednesday, April 24, 2013

80's Dance Party

A couple weeks ago we celebrated our little man's first birthday with an 80's dance party. I must say it was pretty rad.


The decor was of course centered around 80's pop culture. Cassettes, neon colors and flashy prints were everywhere. The cassette idea was found over at Practically Living. We simply bought old cassettes from a thrift store and hung them with fishing line. Pac Man covered our walls. And to set the mood for dancing we covered our lights with colored cello paper.


We themed our dessert table around 80's toys. Slinky's that acted as a mini backdrop. Rubix cubes and 80's themed chocolates covered the table. And can you just pause to take a look at that cake and candy. It was all done by my amazing friend Tasha over at Tasha-Ann's Sweet Treats.



All of the food was authentic Dominican Cuisine. I will be sharing recipes soon because seriously, you won't be able to live without it! YUM!!!!


Everything about the party was upbeat and fun. The biggest hit? Our 80's photo booth. I found the fabric at Ikea and made a backdrop. We threw together a few props and set up some lighting and a camera with remote for people to take their pictures. It was a blast.


Almost everyone came dressed in 80's attire and it was pretty awesome.



Our little man had an amazing time. I wish I could show you the pictures of him. Pure joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails