I am scared of having baby number four. I don't hesitate to admit it because it is shameful but because I know so many women who would give anything to be pregnant. I do not mean to offend anyone or hurt anyone as I tease myself about my fear.
That being said. I am scared y'all! Not all the time. Mostly just today.
I had the initial shock fear when we found out we were expecting. This little dude was not planned. Don't take that as he was an accident. We look at it as a surprise little blessing. I have always wanted a big family. Always! I come from a big family and I love it. This just wasn't how we planned it. God is so funny :)
That shock and fear of having four kids four and under (while being called to do foster care) wore off pretty quickly. I grew excited of the idea of the two youngest being
We have been shopping around for strollers. The stroller I really want is this one:
![]() |
| Valco with Accessories |
A Valco double stroller with a Joey seat for baby and a hitchhiker for my four year old. No big deal. Remove the attachments when they aren't needed. Add them back on as we get more foster kiddos. Bam. Handled.
Then I put it in a shopping cart. And holy cuss word!
So the shopping continued. And we quickly realized something more like a Foundations quad would be more in the budget. Great stroller, not my first pick but it's awesome with good reviews. I can deal with a 50-70lb (before kids seated) stroller. That's not the scary part.
![]() |
| Foundations |
I (semi)-jokingly asked my friend Stefani, if she would raise one for me. I'd even give her one of the boys to counter-balance her 3 girls. She quickly reminded me that we were the crazies, not her. And I was snapped back to reality.
All y'all having 4 kids spread out over the years are the crazy ones not me. Within 5 years of eachother every one of my kids will be moving on out while yours are watching you age. Haha.
![]() |
| My future |
But seriously, if I have to push this thing around, send me to the looney bin.



Do what we did for Veronica to get her Valco! Everyone at her shower pitched in instead of buying gifts, and the Lord showed up in a big way! Or snag one for super cheap online like I did ;)
ReplyDeleteA friend of mine has quads!!! She had the tandem 'my future' one. PAIN in the back end to push! Its worse than those wonderful carts with kid seats attached to the front at Target. She had the foundations and liked it but she found that two double strollers worked just as goodwith the attachment between the two of them.
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for the input. This shopping is tough.
DeleteWe are expecting our 3rd and this is the first time I knew I would need a stroller. Rarely did I use it with my first 2 unless I was running or we went somewhere fun like the zoo or the park. We ended up getting a Baby Jogger city select with the second seat and a glider board for my 3 1/2 year old to stand on. But boy was it hard for me to spend that money. I kept going back and forth and I almost didn't do it. But we bought it. And boy am I happy with it. So the whole point of that was get the stroller you want because it is worth the money. Don't settle for something else because it probably wont work out in the long run and you will have just wasted the money. And had I bought this stroller in the first place with my second I would have saved us $300 on the used strollers I have bought in the 2 1/2 years since he joined our family trying to find something that works for us.
ReplyDelete