For Tal's third birthday, he wanted a Monster Party. Boy is obsessed with Monsters Inc. and Monsters University. Specifically Mike and Sully. Randall not so much. Dude's a creep.
Since we have a brand new baby in the house, we went simple with all store bought decor. You can read more about that here. With so little effort going into decor, we were able to focus on some fun food.
When trying to think of what to make, I was drawing a blank. Until I remembered that in Monster's Inc. Mike takes his girly friend to Harryhausen's Sushi and it is all the rave. Bam! Theme of our food. But wait! How many kids are gonna eat sushi and my hubby may just laugh in my face when I tell him I want to supply our party of 50+ with an expensive cuisine. Fushi (Fake Sushi) it was.
As for fun, we went simply again. Games with 30 kids are too hard. Make all those kids the ages of 1-8 haha, yeah no. So coloring sheets and a pinata was all they got. That and the two rooms full of toys in our house. They were happy. I was happy.
For dessert, cake pops, cake and candy. Did I mention the kids were happy?
Once again, we were super blessed by everyone who came and the amazing gifts. Talon is set on Monster toys. He is thrilled.
We will finish this off with a picture of the kids who came. You know, in case you doubted me when I said 30 children. Mind you, there were a few who were two shy to be on camera. Oh and the 8 who were busy nursing when the photo was shot.




No comments:
Post a Comment