Many of you have been asking how I am losing weight. Today I thought I would share exactly what I have done to shed the pounds that I have lost. Really it hasn't been too much and it's completely doable.
First thing I want to point out, I just had a baby. So the massive weight loss is partially an illusion. The big belly that disappears literally over night plays a little bit of a trick on your eyes. The instant 15 lb. weight loss is a little bit of a cheat.
From that point on, I have done the work on my own, no magical instant tummy disappearance.
To begin, we cut back on red meats and added in a lot more salads. Cut back on sodas and juices and replaced that with water. Oh, and as most of you know, I {heart} Starbucks. Like big pink puffy heart LOVE Starbucks. In order to cling on to that relationship, I cut out all the yummy sauces, no more extra caramel or chocolate drizzle. In fact, I nixed the sugar all together. It's all non-fat sugar free goodness now. Simple changes that made a huge difference.
Those alterations got me down to my pre-Corbin weight. Once those pounds were gone, I was a little stuck for a couple weeks.
To lose the pounds that my body was clinging onto, I started the Body.Mind.Spirit Challenge with April over at April Kennedy..My Life + My Style. This is the forth week of the challenge and my body is slowly losing the weight that I wasn't able to.
Since being on the challenge we have been eating healthier options. Basic changes. More veggies, less carbs. MORE water than anything. Just good healthy changes. Plus some exercising.
Work outs for me are simple. I warm up with general yoga poses. Do a
The last thing that I have been doing, our most recent change, is green smoothies. Hubby bought me a NutriBullet and the whole family has replaced breakfast on most days with green smoothies. Making sure to get all the key elements into the smoothies so the kids and nursing baby are getting everything they need.
And okay, if we want to be honest, my green smoothies are purple because they are sooooo loaded with fruits but hey, they are delicious and the kids are getting more greens than they ever would eat on their own.
So that's it. That is how I have lost the weight I gained with Corbin. My next goal is to get back to my pre-any baby weight. My end goal is to be back to almost my wedding weight. I gave myself 5lb leeway because I have delivered three babies, my body has changed...and well I don't wanna be greedy. Haha.
The secret to my weight loss has been basic but if I come across any secrets, I'll share them with you. I will definitely be sharing some recipes soon.
What goals are you working towards?

No comments:
Post a Comment