Friday, November 15, 2013

Kid Friendly Smoothie

The past few months we have added Green Smoothies into our diets. Most mornings our breakfast is served in a cup. Honestly, I feel so much more energized on the days that I am drinking them. And a nice little perk, the kids are getting more veggies than ever.

Today I thought I would share the kids favorite smoothies with you all.


 Ingredients:
1.5 cup spinach
1/2 carrot
1/2 banana
1/2 cup frozen berries
1/4 cup frozen peaches, mango or pineapple
1/4 cup old fashioned cracked oats
100% Fruit Orange Juice


Chop Carrots. You don't need to do them to small. Just enough to fit in the blender. I do mine smaller so that it blends more quickly.


Add all of the fruits and veggies into the NutriBullet or Blender and top with oats. The reason we are adding oats is to make the smoothie a little more filling. I notice when drinking them for breakfast I was getting hungry pretty early. This helped. When drinking in the afternoon, I usually substitute the oats with almonds to add protein.


Pour your juice to the max fill line or if using a blender, just enough to get the veggies really mixing. For an even healthier version, try coconut water. The kids prefer juice. I figure as long as their is no sugar added and it is 100% juice, it is worth it to get them to love the smoothie.


Pour and enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails