Wednesday, January 28, 2015

New Bedding and a Giveaway

*I partnered with Lush Decor to bring you this post. All opinions are my own.*

Parenting styles are such a controversial topic lately. I choose to stay out of them and not give my opinion one way or the other. Seriously, we are all just doing what we feel best for our child and family, right? So , I tend not to share about certain things we do or don't do. Today's topic needs some background though. Let's just start with the controversy first, get it out of the way. We co-sleep. From birth until our kids are ready to be on their own, they start in their own beds and then climb into ours when they need us. Newborns are in the bassinet next to me until they are ready for their first feeding...which is before I ever go to sleep. It's what makes me feel safest and feel is best for MY kids. (With the exception of our foster to adopt baby, who is not legally allowed in our bed).

That being said, for the past 6 years we have had 1-3 children in our bed with us. 3 kids that spit up, leek out of their diapers, have dirty little feet, the works. Babies and toddlers are not clean. Not even when you bathe them daily. I mean, once you get to baby number four, it's at least every other day at best. Ha! They are the most delicious, snuggly, lovey little ragamuffins around but let's face it, they destroy the bed or at least the bedding.

For the past few years I have begged the husband for a pretty bedding set. My request is always met with "when the kids are out of our bed". So we always settle for the cheapest descent looking set we can find at a discount store. Not this time folks. The kids are still in our bed but they aren't babies anymore. They aren't ruining it like they used to. There aren't anymore coming either... not the kind that are allowed to sleep in our bed anyway.

Guys! We are graduating to our big kid bed. I have been on the hunt for a pretty, chic, simple but beautiful bedding set. I have waited long enough! I couldn't for the life of me find what I wanted though. Isn't that how it always works? Right in front of your face until you can actually have it. Then, poof gone. 

Everything I have found, has just fallen short. It's the wrong color. It's the right color but not the right size. It's okay but not the style I wanted. You get my drift. Nothing, Nada. Zip. Zero. Zilch.

The other day though, I was referred to Lush Decor and couldn't decide what I wanted. There were so many sets that were just what I was looking for. So I did it, I made the plunge and chose the bedding set I have been seeking. 

 Beautiful, ruffly goodness in a pretty soft yellow. Isn't she pretty?  I have seen a few sets like this in white but I am just not that daring. I mean, the kids are still technically in our bed. Like I said, so many options that I could have picked from. 


This was a VERY close second but I just couldn't commit to the lighter color.


I almost changed directions completely for this baby. The whole room, the way it is styled, just fits me. I want to duplicate it. It would fit right into our home. I am going for a different look in our room though. The husband might not be happy either if I tried to change directions after all of my begging. Ha! I may go back and buy this for the girls room though.

Isn't it all so pretty? Lush Decor was bursting at the seams with stuff that I loved. You may have seem some of their products at Bed Bath & Beyond, Kohl’s, Boscov’s, Sears, etc. Seriously though,
you need to go to their site right now to see all the cute stuff! It's not all bedding either. You need to see their shower curtains and window treatments too.


Oh, I almost forgot the best part! They are offering you, my readers 10% with coupon code LOVELUSH1 . Wait, it gets better! Enter the giveaway below for a TWO HUNDRED DOLLAR gift card to their site. Yup, you read that right $200! What would you get?



a Rafflecopter giveaway

69 comments:

  1. I would purchase the ruffle shower curtain in the four blue/green colors and maybe some throw pillows and blanket

    ReplyDelete
  2. Id get the Mia 6 piece comforter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that one too. Masculine enough for the men to be happy but has really pretty more feminine details.

      Delete
  3. I'd get the Royal Empire 3 piece Quilt. - Robin

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would like the flower drops shower curtain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just had to go look through the shower curtains again. So pretty!

      Delete
  5. I would buy the Lux 6 piece Comforter Set

    rounder9834 @yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love the simplicity of this one. Especially in grey.

      Delete
  6. I like the Lux 6 piece Comforter Set.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lux is sounding like the popular pic and for good reasons. Very nice set.

      Delete
  7. Its our goal to get a real bedroom set this year. We have never had a head board, or non hand me down anything in our room... I lie we bought a vintage dresser and mirror.. The comforter is my childhood comforter That was a hand me down from my cousin... Sad I know. I just love it so much. And we buy for the kids before us. BUT our room is ALMOST top of the list this year... After a new bunk/trundle for the girls....
    ANYWHO, we have colors picked. The BEST that goes is probably the lux in gray and maybe a throw pillow or 2!

    Tess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are the same way. We do have a bedroom set but only because we had it before kids. Now, they always get stuff first. It is nice to treat yourself sometimes. :)

      Delete
  8. My favorite is the Lake Como comforter set. It looks so soft and comfortable I am afraid that I may never get out of bed again if I owned it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would get the Avon 3 piece comforter set

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the Lux 6 piece Comforter Set. We need a new one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These are beautiful and really reasonably priced. It took us forever to get a new set.

      Delete
  11. I love the Adrienne! Can't pick a color though I love them all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Picking a color is sometimes harder than picking the actual set.

      Delete
  12. I like the Royal Empire 3 piece Quilt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The three color options I this one all have such different looks too!

      Delete
  13. I love the 4 piece comforter:
    http://www.lushdecor.com/Belle-4-piece-Comforter-Set/dp/B00NI243DW?field_availability=-1&field_browse=9635158011&id=Belle+4+piece+Comforter+Set&ie=UTF8&refinementHistory=subjectbin%2Cprice%2Ccolor_map%2Csize_name&searchNodeID=9635158011&searchPage=1&searchRank=salesrank&searchSize=12

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh I really love the Avery 7 piece Comforter Set! That is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I missed that one. I love it too. So subtle and pretty.

      Delete
  15. I would love to have the Flower Texture 8 piece Comforter Set if I won. It would go great in my bedroom!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And at that price, you could buy extra goodies too!

      Delete
  16. I would buy the Berlin 2 piece Quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh boy do I need a new set. Same one for 3 years. These are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I would get the Layla quilt set and some coordinating curtains.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have yet to do matching curtains. It gives such a finished look. I need to do it!

      Delete
  19. New shower curtain, rug to match and some throws :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I would get the Lux 6 piece Comforter Set.

    ReplyDelete
  21. the Flower Texture 8 piece Comforter Set

    ReplyDelete
  22. I really love the Paisley Patchwork 3 pc quilt set!

    Nathansmommy619(At)aol(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh my so hard to choose! I love all the throws! I think I would pick between either the Paisley quilt set or the Adrianne quilt set.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the throws as well. I'm such a throw harder though. Haha

      Delete
  24. I'd love to buy the Royal Empire 3 piece quilt and the Royal Empire Throw.
    thank you

    ReplyDelete
  25. I think The lux set..or maybe the Royal empire? Ahh they're all so pretty--especially the ruffled ones!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love the Layla 3 piece Quilt very pretty

    ReplyDelete
  27. Definitely a new comforter that I would let my wife pick out.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I would like to update our bedding with the Aubree 3 piece Quilt set.

    ReplyDelete
  29. They have so much to pick from! I choose the Serena 3 piece Comforter Set.

    ReplyDelete
  30. I would buy the Lux 6 piece comforter in grey.

    ReplyDelete
  31. I would get the 3 piece star quilt set in purple if I won.

    ReplyDelete
  32. I absolutely love the Ruffle Shower Curtains! I would buy one for each of my bathrooms! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The ruffles are awesome. I was happy to see blue tones in some of them. I'm a boy mom, I need pretty without making them feel left out.

      Delete
  33. i would buy the Lux 6 piece Comforter Set in gray

    ReplyDelete
  34. I would love to buy the Mia 8 piece comforter set. They have so many pretty things to choose from.

    ReplyDelete
  35. I'd love to buy the Brady 3 piece bedding set

    ReplyDelete
  36. I'd love to get the Sophie Window Blackout Curtain, and Berlin 3 piece quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  37. I absolutely love the Lux 6 piece Comforter Set in grey!

    ReplyDelete
  38. I really like the Flower Texture 8 piece Comforter Set!

    ReplyDelete
  39. I LOVE the Royal Empire 3 piece Quilt in orange and yellow!! So bright and happy

    ReplyDelete
  40. I would love to buy the Mia 8 piece comforter set but there are so many items I would love to purchase on this site. I might have to get another job lol.

    ReplyDelete
  41. I love the Lux 6pc Comforter Set!

    ReplyDelete
  42. I would get the Madelynn comforter set.

    ReplyDelete
  43. SEa Life 3 piece quilt set for here in Florida would be perfect

    ReplyDelete
  44. I love, love, love, love, LOVE that third photo of the bright yellow and orange bedding!! I want!!

    ReplyDelete
  45. I would buy the Adrianne 3 piece quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  46. I would get window treatments and the luxe bedding set.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails