Soooo, we have been keeping a secret for a few weeks now. Today, we adopted "Little Man"! This has been quite a journey. We have been through a roller coaster of emotion. There were short periods of time when we thought he would be returned to his birth parents. Days when we didn't know what his future would look like.
In October, we signed our adoption papers. The end to a wild ride. Again, the emotions were all over the place. My heart broke for his birth parents. I was so overjoyed for our family though. This little man has been such a blessing to us. He (and this journey) have grown me in ways that I didn't realize I needed.
Today, I am so beyond excited to introduce you to the little boy who has been hiding behind masks in all of our photos. This is Nixon! He is pretty much one of the cutest kids you have ever seen, right?
And since I know that you are just dying to see him grow up over the 899 days that we have had him, we have this handy dandy slide show. Feel free to fast forward at anytime. I know it is long but it was hard to fit all that time in one little video.
If you need me, I will be gushing over our finally official son....and flooding instagram. Make sure you follow me there @vesselhandmade

This is perfect! Thank you so much for sharing! Such a privilege to be an adoptive family. God is good!
ReplyDeleteIt really is. We are so lucky to have this little guy!
DeleteI seriously sobbed and sobbed at the beauty of this video. I am on this journey and hope to have my little guy adopted this year. It's such an emotional journey and I am so happy for your family. Beautiful video. Absolutely beautiful
ReplyDeleteThank you. How exciting to be so close. I am looking forward to hearing that you finalized! It is such an emotional journey...all of it!
DeleteHe is such a sweetie! I am beyond happy for you guys!!!
ReplyDelete