The kitchen is so close to being done, minus the countertops that we just ordered and I can't wait to show y'all what we have done. However, my backyard is crying out to me. Begging me to spend just a little time on it.
Since the kitchen is kind of important, I cannot just abandon it. I can, however, day dream about what we will do with our disaster of a yard. A yard that has so much potential.
Want to dream with me? I've compiled a list of projects that I love. It is by no means a fancy organized list that is great for weighing options or planning for a specific project. Remember, I have craft ADD, I don't stick to themes easily. Ha! Make sure to go to the actual blogs and check them out and not just look at the pictures. Give the people who created them some love!
Okay, seriously? A spot to lay down and read while the kids play outside. Or to snuggle a kid who just fell off the slide...because honestly, that happens on the regular.
I love the idea of a bright and fun space with a built in sandbox. This bench would be the perfect little accent. As well as a spot for the kids to kick off their shoes before diving in and then tracking sand through the house.
Living in California, it is pretty much 10-12 months of summer each year. A built into the ground fireplace just makes sense to me.
The idea of a garden makes me happy. The idea of my younger kids digging up my precious herbs and spices makes me not as happy. I love the idea of some of my stuff being up and out of the reach of baby fingers. Plus, I mean, this is stinkin' cute, am I right?
For all of the veggies I intend to plant, we will need a walkway to avoid stepping all over our goodies. I am not a huge fan of the stone walks. I think they are really pretty but just don't fit our style. Pallets? They fit our style. Pallet wood here, pallet wood there, pallet wood everywhere! I love it so.
Okay, stop it now! I didn't even think I wanted a swing in the yard until I saw this. Now I need one. So funky and fun and inviting. If anyone sees a fantastic headboard like this, on the cheap, let me know. I want this now!
Okay, so this is the one I'm bugging the husband about. I want a hot tub. They are not cheap but I want one so bad. If I convince the husband that we can swing it, someway, somehow...I will then convince him to build this with me and maybe a little deck for it to sit on. He will happily oblige, he loves DIY as much as I do.
So there we have it. A few of the projects that I am dying to get to. What would you add to my list, I have a big yard to make over. I need suggestions.






No comments:
Post a Comment