Monday, July 13, 2015

Messy Twister

Confession time: messy activities give me anxiety. You know the ones I am talking about. Paint, play dough, markers...all of them. What? I am not alone? Phew!

Here's the problem with my little confession, I have kids. Kids love messy. Especially boys and I have three of those. Three messy, dirty, thrill seeking, crazy little boys. Doing messy is pretty much unavoidable. So, I am learning to embrace messy. In fact, I am starting to encourage it. Why? Because they not only are getting some serious sensory activities out of it but the joy on their faces? Worth every. single. disaster that hits their once clean little selves.


This week, I threw out all concern for not destroying my house and planned a game of messy twister. It was a hit with everyone. It was so simple too. To add to the bonus list, which I need to off set the "holy crap, my house!", it was great for learning and review. The babies worked with colors, the big kids got to practice left and right. Win, win.


Have I sold you on messy yet? If so, you are going to want to play this game. 

Here's what you need:
  • Twister game
  • 2 cans of shaving cream
  • washable paint
  • clothes that you don't mind getting dirty

To make my colored shaving cream, I just grabbed 4 bowls (one for each color), poured a tiny bit of paint and a bunch of shaving cream in them, Mix the two together and you've got a colorful, ready to destroy you, foamy cream.Lay out twister and put the coordinating colored shaving creams on the game board dots.


Then play! It is a riot to watch. The kids were slipping around like crazy. Giggles and squeals like no 
other.



Be forewarned though, messy children want messy parents. You may get chased down.


Have Fun!






No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails