Thursday, June 3, 2010

Pursue Him

This morning while chatting with a friend about her struggling relationship I came to realize that men and women alike have a great need to be wanted and needed.

This is a truth I have known of most women. We love to be sought after. We have a great need to be desired and appreciated. Looking back over time and really thinking about it, I see this to be true of men as well. It is why respecting a man is so important. They have that need to be needed, just like we do.

All of this got me thinking about how we are created in God's image and how if we as humans have this great desire to be wanted and needed, it must be true of God.

Jer.29:13 says "You will find me, when you seek me with all your heart"

God is asking us to seek after Him, to pursue Him, to want and need Him.

There are so many scriptures that tell us to depend on Him, to follow Him. How could we be so blind as to not see His desire for us to need Him?

Do I want/need God on a daily basis? Yes! Do I show it? No, not always.

As a woman or even just a human for that matter, it hurts deeply not knowing that you are needed. How could I not show a God who laid down His life for me, that I desire to be near Him?

God I need you! I will seek and pursue you daily!

2 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails