The other day while working on bows for an upcoming boutique, my baby boy started to cry. I eagerly jumped up to go nurse him. I love the bond that nursing brings and am always happy to do it but I also love to craft, so I wondered why I stopped so quickly. I could have finished the knot I was tying before running to my baby who had only been awake for 2 seconds. My answer to myself was this: I am a mom first.
I started Rock-A-Bow as a mommy based business. To help my family but also to be close to my children. The whole concept of the business was to be a mom first and make a little money on the side. I want to stick to that idea as Rock-A-Bow grows (which I am excited to say it has been growing).
So...I am making myself and my children a promise now. I am a mom first and I always will be. I am not saying that I haven't been taking care of my children. Don't get that idea. The whole purpose of this thought is that since that original statement the other day, I have been thinking about how Rhiannon and my friend's daughter Anberlyn were the inspirations of this company, yet it seems everyone owns Rock-A-Bow goods except my own children.
When did I stop crafting for my kids? Why should they be the last ones to wear or own something cute mommy made? So I am sticking with my mentality of I am mommy first. Tonight I will drop all the costumes I am making for other people and start the costumes I bought material for but almost decided not to make for my own children. (Orders will still be made on time, don't worry). Next week I will start making Talon's quilt for his crib. A keepsake I look forward to him having.
I cannot wait to continue to adorn my babies in things that I have made for them!
Where did you got this much info on your blog from?? Also can i take the initiative to take the feeds from your blog for my own website??
ReplyDeletebest xylitol gum