Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Toddler Talk Tuesday- A Princess Party

People! My baby is 3! When on earth did this happen? I used to think people were crazy when they talked about how time flies and their kids grew up too fast. "Sorry weirdos but time does not speed up when you have kids". But do you want to know a secret? It totally does. Yes, I am now one of those crazy weirdos! My daughter is growing up too fast!!

To celebrate her big day, I wanted to do something like a candyland party. Did you know that at 3, kids have a mind of their own? Well they do and my girl insisted on princess. So princess party it was.
 
I simplified the look by doing more of a florally fabric and chalkboard look and then throwing in princess here and there. Princess stuff is pricey and this momma is on a budget!

I made lots of bunting and a table runner. Hubby attached short temporary legs to our table and I made little pillows for the princesses to sit on.
For favors I made all the girls crowns. And by girls I mean mommies and daughters. The dads were a little jealous.
The girls ate, played and dressed up. We had cake and cake pops and cupcakes. We like cake :)
{Poor Talon tried to walk with his cake and it ended poorly}
After the party was all wrapped up, we cleaned up to start all over. I have a big family and Rhiannon doesn't like big crowds so separating the two parties was ideal for my little introvert.
We had so much fun at both parties.
What did you do this weekend?

1 comment:

  1. What a cute princess party! The buntings and runner are so cute, great favors and the food looks good. I like cake too. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails