Friday, July 27, 2012

Birthday Talk over Coffee.

 

Hey there? Are you ready for our weekly coffee? I am. This has been another busy week. I know you are probably starting to wonder if I ever have weeks that aren't busy and my answer is, I have two toddlers. Take that however you will but if you are a momma, I'm sure you know what I'm talking about.

So, if we were to have coffee today, I wouldn't have a ton to talk about. Maybe a few updates but things are pretty much the same around here. I may have a few updates every here and there but nothing really significant.

I may talk to you a little bit about party planning though. Talon's second birthday is next month and this mommy is in denial. I don't want him to grow up. I'm struggling with it big time. They are only babies for so long. P.S. I know he has been a toddler for sometime now but that's our secret, he still thinks he is a baby and we are gonna keep it that way. You don't tell him and I won't tell yours that Santa is fake, deal?

So birthdays, in the short of things, they suck. They are a reminder that our babies are growing up. Today he is 2, tomorrow he will be 5 and the next year he will be in college. Wahhh! I don't even want to talk about it.

If we were to have coffee, I would tell you that as much as I struggle with their birthdays, I do love birthdays too. I love big parties for my kids. They are a hassle and I sometimes complain about how many people are on the guest list but truthfully I kind of love it. I love celebrating them. Celebrating their lives. That they are here with me. They are little miracles. Both of them. I came so close to losing both of them.

I would tell you their stories. Talon's was written about. A lot. I had a blog and an active facebook and I shared his story, I asked for prayer. With Rhi, there was no blog here. And honestly, I was too scared to ask for prayer. My first miscarriage was too fresh. I couldn't bear to lose another. I couldn't tell anyone about it. But Steven and I prayed. We prayed really hard and within an hour all bleeding, clotting and cramping stopped. I never had another problem in that pregnancy. The bible tells us that when God will never give us more than we can handle and He held true to that promise. So with that, I would tell you that birthdays are a big deal around here.

How are you all doing this week? Anything fab happen? Any birthdays out there? Please do share.

I'm linking up :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails