Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Welcome to the Jungle Baby

You know how when a woman is pregnant she gets a little thing called "preggo brain"? No I am not pregnant. Don't even think it. That's how rumors get started...but I do think I have the "preggo brain". Can being so close to having a foster baby have the same effect? I vote yes.

I have been super forgetful lately. If something is not on the calendar, I promise I will forget it even existed. I will be late. I will be confused. I will not be there.

For example, this post. I meant to write it like a month ago. I thought I wrote it, until someone asked me to see some pictures and I directed them to a blog post that was none existent. I am blaming it on having baby on the brain. Which is convenient since the post is a baby shower. :)


So this lovely couple, is fabulous. They are sweet and caring and just beautiful inside and out. They were getting ready to welcome their 2nd daughter into the world. She happens to be here now...that's how late this post it.

Gaby, the mama, did an amazing job at creating a jungle themed room for their two girls and wanted the shower to reflect the same theme.


We went pretty simple with some burlap accents.


Jazzed up the tables with animal print ruffled runners.


And added a more girly feel to the jungle with some flowers.


Food was just a make your own sandwich and salad bar.


With yummmmmmmmyyyyy cherry lime-aid to drink.


Gaby's amazingly talented sister made up some marshmallow animals to top off the cupcakes. That we placed on my DIY stands.

It was a super fun shower. With lots of laughter. Lots. :)

What is your favorite thing about a baby shower?

10 comments:

  1. What an adorable baby shower!! I love the jungle theme! Thanks so much for linking up to the CHQ Blog Hop! Hope to see you back next week! Happy to be following! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I wish my friends and I weren't all done having babies. I'd love to plan a shower!

    Thanks for stopping by our CHQ blog hop, and following along. I'm excited to follow your page now too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a lot of fun. I love shower planning, luckily most of my friends plan to have lots of babies :)

      Delete
  3. Looks like a great time, and so cute! Your newest follower from the CHQ blog hop. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My favorite thing about baby showers is all the pretty baby decor! Also, love it when the shower is NOT for me (wink)! Thanks so much for linking up at the Creative Headquarters blog hop Kristen! Really appreciate your support! Hope we can get our kids together again sometime soon!
    I thought I was already following your blog, but I just realized I wasn't! I am now though! Hope you stop by and link up again next week:)

    Barbara @ Chase the Star

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness Barbara. You have me cracking up. And yes, lets play soon

      Delete
  5. What a fun shower! I found you via the CHQ blog hop and am happy to be your newest follower! When you get a sec, I'd love a follow back at http://www.two-in-diapers.blogspot.com! :)

    I also host a blog hop on Thursdays called the Mommy-Brain Mixer, and I'd love for you to come link up this post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Who am I to judge the way I live? It was me who got myself into this mess in the first place

    Flights to Santiago Chile | Cheap Flights to Santiago Chile | Cheap Air Tickets to Santiago Chile

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails