![]() |
| {source} |
While we are on the topic, mom with a 12 year old and 10 year old. Do you remember when those kids were 1 and 3? Don't ya think they would have needed that cart a lot more then than they do now? If your answer is yes, leave it for those of us struggling to find a way to gather our kiddos.
I try not to judge when it is an older kid in one of these gems, you never know the sweet child's story. But when at one minute they are sitting and the next, he and little bro use the cart as a tank to run amuck in the store, I'll assume it's not really needed.
Now that I have called y'all out, let me state my case. I am a momma who always has two to three kiddos in tow. I can wear one, one needs to be in the cart and the other can walk. She can only walk so long and God knows when this momma goes to Target, the 3 year old just can't hang. You see, I need that large cart. All of the Target's around me have 2-3. By the way Target, I'm calling you out too. Let's stock up on the multiple child carts huh?
Anyhow, the kids and I walk around the parking lot trying to find one of the rare commodities, more times than not, we lose the battle. I load one in the front, one on me and the other goes into the basket part of the cart, risking falling out at any moment and ensuring I cannot fill that bad boy up. Important people. I need my Target goods...and of course the safety of my first born.
It never fails, while walking around trying to make it all work, we will stumble upon a momma talking on her phone, while her one child runs crazy around the empty stinkin' cart. "Girlllll hold my hoops" is what I want to say to the nearest bystander "Security!". Instead I just walk away. I act like the bigger person, come home and blog about it. What?? The world needs to know!
Ahhh...the injustice. In all seriousness, I am sure lots of moms have their reasons for grabbing that larger cart. But for real, if you don't need it, don't grab it. Please, for the sanity of all the mommas totting 2 or more. We beg of you.
For now, I will do it like my momma did it and shop with a normal cart. Not a big deal just an annoyance. On to bigger things...like single men parking in the family parking at Fresh and Easy. Ha! I kid.
**This post is not meant to be rude or to insult anyone. Just playing around regarding a personal annoyance in specific cases. Not a general post. Thanks for playing nice in your comments and while e-mailing me. :)

I feel your pain!! It's so annoying.
ReplyDeleteRight? I love seeing moms that have 2+ with them. I feel like the victory is ours! haha
DeleteSo I have 3 little ones. I love that Target has those carts I wish more stores had them. The Target by my house has about 10 of them. So I never have a problem finding them. But I def think people who don't need them shouldn't grab them.
ReplyDeleteSeriously? I need to drive 30 minutes to your Target. Haha I think it might be worth it!
DeleteOh I feel the same way. There are times I want to ask those with only one child who doesn't really "need" the cart to switch with me as I have 4 I am taking around the store.
ReplyDeleteI wish I was that bold. I am sure moms understand and don't have a problem. Im a scaredy cat. haha
DeleteI m so with you!!! Though my target has a few of them and I hardly ever have a problem.
ReplyDeleteSounds like its only my local Targets with the problem. Lame.
DeleteCome shop at our Brea Target. There are usually plenty of them. And you get to park in the shade and use the elevator! ;o) My problem is my 4 kids fight over the 2 seats.
ReplyDeleteDon't tempt me! I love the Target in Brea.
DeleteSo this might sound weird but my kids have asked for that cart and I almost always say no. The way they have to sit on it just doesn't look comfy and they always are the dirtiest cart around (like black when they're suppose to be red).
ReplyDeleteThe kids feet are also closer to the ground which makes them want to get down and I don't want to be pushing a boat of a cart around if no one's in it or wanting off and on.
I really don't need it anymore since my two oldest are old enough to walk and stay with. Haha so I'm 1 Target shopper you don't have to worry about. ;)
I am ready for mine to be ready to walk on their own in stores...then again that means they would be growing up. I will just struggle to make it work ;)
DeleteOur are pretty clean when we do get to them. I always use sanitizing wipes on them anyway. haha
I get your point - I do - I have a 4, 3 and 2 year old and am just now brave enough to go to a store alone with all three by myself. However, if I had only one with me and I needed to get stuff done and that one kid wanted that cart, I'd probably grab it. Life is too short, and my nerves can be even shorter. If it makes the kiddo over-the-moon happy to sit in that cart, and it means I can have a nice peaceful Target experience, you betcha - I'm gonna make it happen. I do try to shop when its not busy, and none of my kids really want to ride in it. AND I think it's hard to navigate.
ReplyDeleteYeah, I get that. And I would probably do the same. I'm such a hypocrite. :)
DeleteI didn't realize they made the carts that big! Good luck (and hopefully someone at Target will read your post and get more of those carts in their stores!!)
ReplyDeleteThanks so much for linking up at the CHQ Blog Hop. We're thrilled you joined us last week and hope you'll be back next week as well! We've got another AMAZING giveaway for everyone...you won't want to miss it!