I'm not overweight. Nor do I have any health issues. So how can I say that losing 25 pounds result in a better me?
When Steven and I got married, I felt healthier. I was more confident and much more secure.
After our first miscarriage I went into a major depression and gained about 15 pounds. It didn't bother me much.
Then I had kids. I only gained 15 pounds while pregnant with Rhi. After having her, there were only 7 pounds to lose. I got rid of 5 of them. The last two lingered. All the way into my pregnancy with Talon.
With Talon I gained 17 pounds and then lost all but 5. Leaving me at a grand total of 22 pounds gained since our wedding day.
These last 7 pounds feel like 50 in comparison to the initial 15. Having kids really changes your body.
I don't feel like myself. I have grown to hate the mirror. I struggle daily with what to wear. I will not go to pool or beach events. I'm just not happy with myself. And it is time to do something about it.
You see, by a better me, I don't need a skinnier me. I want a healthier, more energetic, happier me.
So I am beginning a journey. I am not setting a time frame just a number goal. 25 pounds to start, 35 at most if I am not happy when I reach 25.
Here's where you come in. I don't think I can do it alone. I want to but I struggle to stay focused.
I will be using myfitnesspal.com and airing my dirty laundry. My 3 sizes larger than I'd like dirty laundry. I will be sharing there how much I lose or gain. I will even tell you what I eat each day. The only thing I won't be sharing is my actual weight. I'm not that brave.
I'll be giving tips, sharing recipes and letting you know what is/isn't working for me.
I want you to hold me accountable. You can join in and let me know how your doing, maybe we'll even do some guest posts. If you don't want or need to join in, I'd love for you to still follow along. See the journey and hold me accountable.
What do you think?

Kristen - first just gonna say GO YOU! You can do it! Don't let the enemy or your own mind have a word in to say you can't. I am in the same boat as you - I want to loose some weight and it's not so much the number for me (because I tend to weigh more than I look) but about how I feel and how my clothes fit. I'll stay right here with you!
ReplyDeleteThanks! You weigh more than you look because of muscle. It weighs more. I soooo agree with you. Just better feeling and clothes fitting properly would be fab. Let's do this :)
DeleteYou can do it!! So excited for you!
ReplyDeleteI would like to ride almond in his boat with you! Taking off the weight is no fun! Eating healthier is hard at first but feels sooo good!!! Ups and downs, but support is soooooo very helpful!! Lets do this my friend!!
ReplyDeleteNot sure what riding almond means but I'm assuming you are joining me ;) I will add you to my new fitnesspal account now. Starting fresh feels good!
Deleteerrr auto correct! ALONG!! Ill ride ALONG side you!!!
DeleteHaha. I was so confused. I even googled it. I thought it was a family saying or something. Ha!
DeleteI am joining you!i plan on getting rid of my tummy, i used to be a zero but now I'm size 4!, I am signing up for a boot camp i just bought at groupon, hoping that this will work! Good luck to us!
ReplyDelete