I told Steven as soon as we found out we were pregnant that since this will likely be our last pregnancy (only fostering after this one), I want to everything that I have ever wanted to do with the others. The first on that list was a gender reveal party.
If you know me well, or really much at all, you know that surprises are not my thing. I hate them. I dread them. I get angry when my husband says there is going to be one. So people were shocked at my decision to do this. Don't let me fool you though. I went to a place that does the ultrasound at 13 weeks and then had the party the very next day. And will power? I had zero.
Saturday after our ultrasound, I immediately dropped the "results" off with my friend Stefani, who I bothered about the answers all day. I am weak people. I thought I might die of torture. It was bad. I am pathetic. Ha!
Onto the party.
The theme of the party? Cute and fun. I don't know. Not a real theme. I saw a color scheme I liked and went with it.
I wanted simple and pretty.
My friend Gaby made these beautiful pinwheels to hang above my little centerpiece. The vases were simple. Frappacino bottles wrapped with paper.
My mom and I made some pom poms, hung them above the "Cravings" table.I unfortunately didn't snap a picture of those.
It was lots of fun.
Eventually I couldn't wait any longer so we ripped into the box.
We had everyone guess the name we chose for the gender they voted for and gave gift cards who guessed correctly.
I'm so excited we will be having another sweet boy! His name will be Corbin Grey Murphy and we cannot wait to meet him!
.jpg)

Boys are awesome...as if I know any other way! Congrats!
ReplyDeleteI love having both but I am such a boy mom. Wrestling and throwing dirt at each other has become my reality. I wouldnt change it for anything.
DeleteThen again I love dress up and pink and tea parties. It's good I have both. Haha