Thursday, November 13, 2014

Gone Glamping

While we are on the topic of parties, we might as well just get all the way caught up. The last one in our strand of birthdays is Rhiannon. By time her birthday came and went I was so happy that Little Man's birthday is separated by a little bit of time. Though we did go simple on this one...in terms of work and effort.



When discussing the theme, I will give you one guess on what my 6 year old girl came up with. If you guessed Frozen...well obvs! When I pointed out to her that the last 5 parties we had gone to were the same. exact. thing. She was willing to change it up a bit. Oh how I appreciate my daughters willingness to change it up a bit.




After lots of thought, the girly girl came to me with the idea of Glamping "you know, like glamour camping mom...it's camping but for girls like me". Up until this point, I was under the illusion she was turning 6 but apparently some time in the past year she jumped to 16. The girl growing up makes me so sad but the theme, yeah, I was thrilled.


Since things had have been non-stop and this was the third birthday in 4 months, I was uber thankful for Target's awesome decor. I made a few garlands and pom balls but for the most part, I was able to get the look we wanted and still have it mostly store bought. Thank you Target!!!




Food was basic, with pigs in a blanket and lots of sweets. And cake of course. The girl decided that I needed to make her cake with a Nutella butter cream. It was actually pretty yummy. I may have to do that again.


Since we had so much time to kill with it being a sleepover, we had more activities than I usually do. First, I decided an anxiety attack was in order so we did a craft...with paint and glitter. I deserve an award or to be admitted, not sure which.



Next up were a couple minute to win it games.



Then s'mores. On a vintage couch because Hello! It's glamping!


We laid out a bunch of tumbling mats, covered them with sheets and called it a giant bed. Boom! Glamping party done!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails