Wow! What a high this has been. As many of you saw, on Friday we adopted our son Nixon. You all have known him as Little Man. I didn't know what to expect when we adopted him. I was told by other adoptive moms that it would be the best day ever. Yet, no one could really describe it.
I know why now. I am feeling what they all felt. The easiest way to explain it is that nothing changed but everything changed.
Over the last 2.5 years, we have loved and cared for Nixon just like any of our other kids. Sure, he had another set of parents that would visit and social workers would come check in on him but it was just a part of life. Then in March of 2013, the birth parents stopped visiting and we assumed that we would be adopting. As time went on we knew he would eventually be legally ours but for the time being it was just unofficial.

For the following months/years, he was just our son. He had two different names he went by and the social workers still came but other than that nothing was different than with our bio kids. So as we entered the courtroom, there wasn't much to really change.
![]() |
| The Fan Club...minus my siblings who were up taking photos |
![]() |
| Blooper Reel...when food is being discussed, we get serious. |

Also, later this week I will be back with a photo dump of his adoption party. I may be in adoption mode for a while.





No comments:
Post a Comment