These past few months have been so different. Rhiannon and Talon are so close in age. I knew that they would be best friends...or worse enemies. Their age just sets them up for it. Even being so close in age, the younger you are, the larger the gap seems.
When Talon was born, Rhi was 22 months and the difference seemed like an eternity. Rhiannon was my big girl, an almost 2 year old toddler, while Talon was a newborn, obviously. Gradually, the gap has appeared to shrink. They are both toddlers. The 22 months that once kept them 3 stages apart (infant, baby, toddler), now has them in the same category. Two toddlers. I have two toddlers.
The gap that was between them was bound to send them one of two ways, as I mentioned, Best Friends or Worse Enemies. The truth would be revealed eventually and I knew it. I prayed for this moment. God listened. Rhiannon tells me daily "Talon my BEST fwend". Talon wakes up and no longer calls for mommy but "Nanny" instead. Their friendship is what I prayed for and it melts my heart.

So sweet!!!
ReplyDeletelove. love. love. Awesome that your sweet kiddos love each other so much!
ReplyDeleteI am so glad that they do. I was worried. haha
Delete