The theme that my sis in law is going with in the nursery is bright and fun. Birdcages and flowers. Just plain girly.
She wanted something simple in layout and the attention to be on the pretty fabrics that we decided on. So I did basic blocks with a solid border.
Since my husbands entire family is big on texture and comfort, there was no option but minky for the backing. Haha. I prefer minky on baby quilts anyhow so it worked out well.
I wanted to actually quilt the blanket (for long lasting purposes) but my SIL is not a fan of the quilted look, so we met in the middle and I just went with a stitching in the ditch.
I love the way it all came together. The fabrics are so fun and the simplicity of the design really emphasized that.
It was so fun in fact that I decided to make her a couple of pennant banners to go along with it.
What have you been working on?
I am linking up with Sew Chatty for Made with Love Monday. If you did something crafty, you should too!






So cute!!! Thanks for linking up :)
ReplyDeleteNo problem. It is such a fun linky :)
DeleteAdorable. I love quilts.
ReplyDeleteThanks!
DeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteI love the patterns! SO cute! Fenix has a blanket with minky on it and it feels so soft. Great job auntie! Your niece will love it!
ReplyDeleteI am seriously thinking about making myself a minky quilt haha
DeleteWould you be interested in sponsoring my blog?? If so email me! Oldbluejeans98@gmail.com
ReplyDelete