Friday, September 14, 2012

Handing it over

Ever have one of those days where it seems like anything bad that can happen does happen? A day where all of those around you are hurting and you are completely helpless?

That's where I am today. So many relatives in pain. Filled with sickness. Fear surrounding. And here I am helpless.

Why is it that when days like this present themselves we always try to figure out what WE can do. I claim a faith in a tremendous God, yet when something tremendous happens I first try to figure out what I can do. How easy it is to forget how small we are and how huge our God is.



In all things we should be turning to God.

He is all powerful. I know this until I lose my power.

He is all knowing. I remember this until I don't know what to do.

He can heal all. I preach this until I can't fix a problem.

Everywhere that I fall short. He rises above.  Today I will remember this. Today I will cling to His promises. And tomorrow I will try and remember. Next week I will continue to remind myself of all that He can do in spite of me standing in the way.

For now, I will dwell in His presence and give Him my burdens, all of them, to a God that can actually do something about them.

When you feel weak. When you feel defeated. Remember that God has already won. He has already claimed victory. Let's stop trying to fix things. Let's simply be His hands and feet, following His will. It really is the only way "we" are going to solve anything. So let's just instantly turn to prayer. Instantly go to Him. Forget about what we think is best and call on God first.

Linking up todays post with Alissa at RagstoStiches. Head over. She is amazing.

9 comments:

  1. This has me in tears.... Well put friend! :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I just hope to follow through. Too easy to get caught up in the moment or in ourselves.

      Delete
    2. Story of my life! Im praying for you! and yours!

      Delete
  2. Beautifully written! You guys are in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the reminder, I easily forget, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your words are what my heart needed to hear this evening! Wonderfully written! So many times I feel helpless when I realize I'm NOT! What a wonderful God we have!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad. It always makes me so happy when the right person reads the blog. God is so good!

      Delete
  5. Very well put..thank you for putting out there;)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails