Up until this point I have made time for both. I have been able to balance pretty well. Adding a forth has obviously made life a little...busier. We also started Kindergarten homeschooling this week. My schedule still has room for sewing but just not the extent that Vessel had been demanding before maternity leave.
Out of nowhere my little handmade business had exploded into a 2 employee + myself, barely keep up with orders type of business. It was wonderful and exciting and fun. We stopped taking orders so that I could have a short maternity leave and it has been amazing. I am dying to get back to sewing though. Not like I was though. I am scared that I won't be able to keep up quite yet.
We have prayed a lot about the final months of this year. I am ready to re-open the doors but not ready for what the shop demands. What on earth am I supposed to do? We have finally come to a decision. The etsy shop will remain closed. At least for now. Until the end of the year.
I will be participating in two small boutiques. Like I said I want to be sewing. I love it. I am ready. I want my business to continue. Not at all ready to give it up. The boutiques will be local and I will be going simple. A few products I love.
Any products that do not sell will be listed in the shop until I am ready to reopen completely. No stress. Just fun.
So all that being said, if you were to walk into a boutique, what would you want to see? Be specific.
Is there a princess apron you would want? A quilt for your little boys crib? Our signature foldover clutches? Art accessories? We want your input.

As for the future of Vessel, we are not sure. The doors will surely be reopening. What it will look like is still undecided. We may reopen with just a hodge podge of products that I am currently having fun creating. Or maybe we will reopen as a ready to ship shop with a smaller amount of our typical products. Who knows, I may get a burst of energy or an additional employee and we will be back to our normal business. Only time will tell.
For now, you tell me, what would you like to see. For the boutique line and for the future of the shop. We always value the opinion of our customers :)



I think you are doing the right thing. So proud of you. Stop fearing success. He will make a way.
ReplyDelete