Monday, January 13, 2014

Playing Card Garland


**It's Valentine's Week here at Vessel Handmade. 5 Days of holiday themed posts. We'll have tutorials, recipes, decor and DIY. So follow along and fall in love. All projects and recipes will be linked at the bottom of each blog as they are posted.**

When it comes to decorating, I am a huge fan of garlands. Rag garlands, pennant banners, doilies, burlap...I love it all.

This valentines day I wanted a fun garland, something different. My love of garlands means that I've already hit most of the styles. I had to think outside the box a little bit. 

I've seen a ton of projects made with paint chips that I'm too chicken to do. As much as I want to, I can't convince myself go in and grab chips. I'd be guilt ridden for days. The concept however, took my brain to playing cards.

This was the end result:



I {heart} this project! See what I did there? Here's how I made it.


Supplies:
Heart playing cards
Ribbon in a variety of prints and sizes
Hole puncher
Scissors

Directions: 


Start by arranging your cards in any order you'd like. The punch holes in the two top corners.

Ignore my jacked up nail polish.

String them on to a long piece of ribbon. I did mine at about 3 feet to fit the spot I had planned for it.


Cut small pieces of ribbon. Mine were cut at 7" each. You can make them longer or shorter to get the look you prefer. Tie 3-4 pieces of ribbon between each card. I tied mine all wonky and different directions to give it a messier look. If you want a cleaner look, you will make a loop and pull both legs through at the same time.


Hang it up. It's that simple!

What projects are you working on? 

Come back tomorrow for a tasty appetizer.

Valentine Week Posts

Linking up with Lines Across and Huckleberry Love


2 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails