“This shop is part of a social shopper marketing insight campaign with Pollinate Media Group™ andRubbermaid and Sharpie but all my opinions are my own. #pmedia #RubbermaidSharpie http://cmp.ly/3/8vNxcO”
It's become the tradition at our house to have a big Super Bowl party with lots of friends and tons of food. The last few years as families have grown, parties have gotten large and the guys can't really watch the game. So this year we're scaling back. Big time.
Problem. The food. The glourious food. What do you cut back on? There are too many favorites. So, I made an executive decision. We aren't cutting back. Just having lots of leftovers.
To make it easier on myself, I decided that I will serve up our food in Rubbermaid food storage containers. Prepare, serve and store all in one dish? Yes, please. Oh, the time and energy I'll save.
My excitement over this genius idea I had got me thinking about all of the dishes I could prepare ahead of time. So I could still go to church Sunday morning. This in turn got me craving my healthier version of the infamous 7- layer dip. Trial runs are required, right? Plus you NEED the recipe so you can serve it at your Super Bowl party. And every party that follows. Ever.
Healthier 7- Layer Dip
Ingredients:
16oz cooked black beans, with 3 tbsp chili powder
2 Bell Peppers
1 Onion
Romaine
3 cups guacamole (I'll share my recipe soon. Pinky promise)
Jar of salsa
8 oz Low Fat Sour Cream
Small Block 2% Cheddar cheese
2 Bell Peppers
1 Onion
Romaine
3 cups guacamole (I'll share my recipe soon. Pinky promise)
Jar of salsa
8 oz Low Fat Sour Cream
Small Block 2% Cheddar cheese
Directions:
Prep-
Chop veggies.
Lightly saute Bell Peppers and Onions in extra virgin olive oil.
Shred Cheese.
Layer-
1. Mash and spread black beans at the bottom of your dish.
2. Spread your guacamole next. We use a lot of guacamole. It's our fav.
3. Add a thin layer of sour cream.
4. Shred your romaine and throw it in. Or just place it. Your call.
5. Top with your sauteed veggies. Make sure these are spread even so you can scoop them with chips.
6. Pour in your salsa. If you use a pico de gallo style salsa, drain some liquid first.
7. Lastly sprinkle the cheese on top.
The Rubbermaid food storage containers worked perfect for preparing and serving this up. I am so excited to have a more functional serving method. Plus, it's a football party and I didn't want to use all of the froo-froo display items.
Chop veggies.
Lightly saute Bell Peppers and Onions in extra virgin olive oil.
Shred Cheese.
Layer-
1. Mash and spread black beans at the bottom of your dish.
2. Spread your guacamole next. We use a lot of guacamole. It's our fav.
3. Add a thin layer of sour cream.
4. Shred your romaine and throw it in. Or just place it. Your call.
5. Top with your sauteed veggies. Make sure these are spread even so you can scoop them with chips.
6. Pour in your salsa. If you use a pico de gallo style salsa, drain some liquid first.
7. Lastly sprinkle the cheese on top.
The Rubbermaid food storage containers worked perfect for preparing and serving this up. I am so excited to have a more functional serving method. Plus, it's a football party and I didn't want to use all of the froo-froo display items.
![]() |
| You know I had to have a mock set up. No last minute shopping here. |
![]() |
| The stuff already in bowls... we use Rubbermaid to keep our snacks fresh. |
For the party, I added the Super Bowl logo and will be adding team logos to a few bowls. You know, a little friendly competition on our table. Here is a quick demo of how I made ours.
I purchased all of our supplies and ingredients at Target because...well it's Target and that's what we do.
For us, the savings add up real quick. We use the Target debit card for an instant 5% off, the Cartwheel app AND now by texting COUPONS to TARGET (you will type this where you would typically enter the phone number) you can have coupons sent straight to your phone. Can we say "Target does it again"? I mean seriously.
You all need to look away from your screens for a minute and text. It is so fun to be notified that coupons are available. Plus, a little birdie told me that there will be Rubbermaid and Sharpie coupons available from January 25th through February 8th ($1 off Rubbermaid food storage and $1 off Sharpie 4 pack or larger).
I'm seriously loving this new way of saving. So much easier than searching through ads or scouring the web for discounts. The coupons are literally at your fingertips. So like I said, go, text now.
So tell me, what is your favorite Super Bowl dish? And who are you rooting for? I guess that's important too.
I'm seriously loving this new way of saving. So much easier than searching through ads or scouring the web for discounts. The coupons are literally at your fingertips. So like I said, go, text now.
So tell me, what is your favorite Super Bowl dish? And who are you rooting for? I guess that's important too.
I'm off to eat more dip.






Yummy! I'm going to have to try this! :)
ReplyDeleteAlso, I love your blog! It's adorable. Beautiful family!