Monday, March 3, 2014

Shop Update: Passion Project

Today we are launching a new product. One that I think of as my passion project. One that will help kids with special needs. One that will give to charity. One that I have anxiously awaited sharing until I knew that it was exactly as I envisioned it.

I'd like to introduce you to the Vessel Handmade Weighted Blanket.

Beyond the pretty fabrics on this specific blanket. Further than the lush minky backing. This blanket serves a purpose. Weighted blankets have shown useful in helping kids with autism, sensory disorder, ADHD, as well as babies that have been drug exposed. For those of you who know our story with Little Man, you know how dear I hold this product.


We will be starting out with two general sizes and varying weights. As interest or demand grows, we will move on to other sizes as well. Weights will be decided on by you, according to the person using the blankets.


As far as fabrics go, we are calling it Semi-Custom. Custom because I will allow the buyer to give ideas, color schemes or themes. Only Semi because as much as I would love to promise exactly what you are envisioning, it can be very hard to locate fabrics to fit everyone's dream design.

The layout, I will work with you to an extent on a style of quilt you would like. More extravagant layouts may require additional fees but in the same sense, if you want something more simplistic, I will work with you on pricing in that regard.

As I said, the blankets listed for now will all be semi-custom. I am however working on a way to do some cost effective blankets. We have seen first hand the difference a weighted blanket can make but they can get expensive. I will be finding basic flannel fabrics and doing one fabric on each side to offer a more inexpensive option for those who need it.

To sweeten the blankets just a little more, a portion of all proceeds will be donated to TACA (Talk About Curing Autism). To learn more about TACA, visit them at tacanow.org

If you are interested in purchasing a weighted blanket of your own, simply click here to get started.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails