Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Baby #2

The past few days have been tough. As all of you know, I am in a very high risk pregnancy that comes with lots of pain. For any new readers, I have a complex cyst on one of my ovaries. It is a fairly large complex cyst. Dangerous enough that surgery during pregnancy was considered. Anyhow, the past couple of days have been filled with pain, tears and joy!

Wait did she just say joy? Yes, folks you heard me right. Today as I was sitting here in massive pain, feeling bad for myself because Rhiannon, my daughter, was playing without me and has become rather accustomed to playing without mommy and that's when the pity came. As I sat there having my own little pity party, Rhiannon looked up and said "Luh you maaE", translation: I love you Mommy. That's when it hit me. Not to long from now, Talon (baby #2) will be here. Not long after that I will hear his little voice, in his own little language, telling me he loves me.

This child that I almost lost due to a hemorrhage between my uterus and the placenta. The child who sleeps and plays in my womb dangerously close to a complex cyst, a cyst that could rupture at anytime. That baby, that sweet little miracle will be here in only a few short months. I will be holding that precious gift from God. I get to watch him grow and even teach and guide this little blessing. How could I be anything but joyous?

Every pain I feel is a little reminder of just how lucky I am to be the mommy of a miracle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails