Saturday, May 29, 2010

Blog Sugar

I went to Blog Sugar feeling intimidated, out of place, and a little scared, yet super excited to be "allowed" to join women so high above me. I left feeling equal, important and part of a really special group.

When I arrived I was instantly greeted by Rachel and Mique, who I had met at the Queen Bee Market, but swore they would not remember me because they are awesome and I'm...well I'm just me, a small time blogger and business. I was so wrong, I was greeted with hugs and a warmth I don't get from most of my long time friends.

I met some totally amazing women and made some friends and not just the "imaginary kind"! I cannot wait to start reading some of the blogs!

As if the great people weren't enough, when Rachel and Andrea spoke about blogging, I'm pretty sure they were talking to me. Not that the rest of you weren't important, they just knew what I needed to hear.

So readers, I am making some commitments to you and to myself.

*I will not be intimidated by other bloggers or compare myself to them
*I will remain vulnerable and true to myself, you will get the REAL me.
*I will not be afraid of what people are going to think when they read my blog but instead give you the truth when I type.
*I will care more about the individuals who read my blog than the number of people checking it out.

Will I stray from my commitment? Probably, I'm only human.

Oh and one more thing. I will go to EVERY Blog Sugar I possibly can!

2 comments:

  1. Great commitment statement! Oh,I want to go to the next Sugar Blogg :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you for going! I would love to step out of my comfort zone and go... if I wasn't a 2 day drive away!! he he! Sounds like a perfect encouraging talk! =) Nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails