When on earth did I become a "crafter"? I never used to be this way. Not a creative bone in my body. I suppose my husband was the initial inspiration for this handmade gene I have, although he would never want me to say that out loud (hence the reason I am typing it). Love struck, I found myself making cheesy collages for every occasion, that I must admit got rather cute at times. Maybe while dating, I was brainwashed by hearing "I could make that" to everything he saw. Although it was never anything I or any girl would want to make, perhaps the simple concept of "I could make that" tempted me.
However, this... let's call it obsession; began and has taken over me. First it was just collages and scrapbooking. Then we had our daughter, Rhiannon and there was a whole new inspiration. She brought out the girly in her mommy. Bows and tutus took over me and our home for that matter.
Now, while expecting baby #2, a boy, I find myself designing the kids room entirely of things that I can make. Handmade may just be the theme of the nursery =o)
I cannot walk through a room in my home without looking at our decorations and thinking of re-do's. Even my cooking has become a craft. Every plate has to look pretty, my husband, Steven is constantly teasing my "presentation" of his meals. While in the kitchen, I must admit, I get excited over meals I can recreate and make my own.
As I said before, I do not know where this came from. Perhaps it has always been hiding inside of me or maybe just something new that came with being a wife and mommy. Whatever the case, I am a crafter and I love Handmade. THE END... or maybe just the beginning?
You are so cute. I can't wait to see what you have done with the nursery, I know it is going to be awesome! I miss you, are you and Rhi free on Monday during the day?
ReplyDeleteThanks Tahnee! I will be posting blogs as I do the projects in the nursery...which I should start soon. Only a few more months.
ReplyDeleteWe are not free on Mondays. I work during the week and we have Wednesdays off.