Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Baby Nursery and Life Verses

Only 97 days until my due date and so the countdown begins. With this countdown, there comes lots and lots of work. In fact, tonight we will start the first project for the nursery, an accent pillow for both Rhiannon's bed and Talon's crib. Now since I told you I would be sharing about all the crafts and projects in the nursery, I thought I should give you a little background on this nursery we are decorating, as well as the theme and inspiration behind it.

A few weeks ago, our friend Tess asked if we could come up with a scripture verse for the nursery, she is making a gift that will incorporate it (since Tess is super creative, I am sure the gift will be blog worthy and you will see it here when we receive it). We already had a little bit of an idea for the theme and it just so happened to match Rhiannon's life verse. We thought if we could find a verse that had to do with both kids life verses it would be super fun.

Now, I know you are getting so anxious to hear the theme of the room but before I reveal that, let's talk about the more important part, my children and their verses.

First, Rhiannon, our little worshiper. This child began her dancing career in the womb. Anytime worship music came on, she went wild. Things only improved when she was born, we would be in service, the music would start and she would sing. Around 9 months old she began raising her little hands during worship. Precious, I know. So Rhiannon's verse of course has to do with song and rejoicing!
The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing. Zeph. 3:17

Second, Talon, our miracle baby. This child is not even born yet and has already had quite a life. We have all overcome so much in this pregnancy. I know it has simply been our faith and hope in the Lord that has got us here. Talon's life would not be if it were not for God being on our side. So Talon's life verse is:
But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:31

The verse we decided to go with for our children's room is perfect. Okay, I know I shouldn't brag but really it just fits so well. The room verse will be:
But I will sing of your strength, in the morning I will sing of your love; for you are my fortress, my refuge in times of trouble. Psalm 59:16

We want our children to live in a room and in home where we follow the Lord always, we will take refuge in Him and ALWAYS sing His praises! So.....the theme of the room will be one of music. We are using a guitar theme. Now since I have wrote you a book about this nursery I will leave you with some pictures of the fabric for their room.


(The layout is not relevant just swatches.)

6 comments:

  1. LOVE IT!!! I need to get on that.... :oD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, you picked the guitar pattern, I love it! With your cute touches I can't wait to see the finished look:]

    ReplyDelete
  3. yippie, so cute!!! love the fabric! its going to be beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nicole, I cannot wait to see what magic you work with this fabric! I'm giving you free reigns to do what you want. =o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful colors!
    I'm loving the scripture. Such a joyful time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. where did you get that beautiful guitar fabric?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails