Thursday, June 16, 2011

A DIY Fathers Day Gift

Shhh!!! Don't tell Steven what you see here today!

Father's Day is only a couple days away and I thought you might be interested in what me and the kids put together for their daddy. We wanted to give him the perfect gift. Something to show how much he is appreciated but also that he would use. Thanks to Alphamom and her DIY Fathers Day gift, we may have made just that!

Unfortunately, our printer is out of colored ink so we had to go with black and white, so ours didn't turn out AS cute as Alaphamoms but the free printables were perfect. We went out and found all of Steven's favorite snacks and I had an old box that once held 1000 envelopes that worked perfect for a display that could be opened and closed easily. Here is the perfect little gift we ended up with:


I used some wrapping paper to cover the lid of the box, that way, it would still look nice even after it was opened the first time.
Filled it with lots of goodies. I used some cello bags, a couple of colored paper bags that you can get at Wal-mart for 25 cents each and then put the chips in a ziploc.

Stuffed the box and it is ready to go.

After we were done making it, I thought it would be fun to take the theme a little further. So I had the kids make him a card.

And I made up some cupcake toppers that we will put on top of Blue, Red and Yellow frosted cupcakes.
We also got him a small store bought gift but thought that these would be the big hit this year.

I love handmade gifts, even if they are only partially handmade. Are you making any this fathers day?

2 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails