Friday, June 10, 2011

It's not all in the sauce...

This past week I tried my hand at couponing for the first time. It didn't go half bad. I will try it again and hopefully improve my skills but that is a whole other post. This time around I had a coupon for "Buy one, get one free" on Kikkoman products. We use soy sauce but 2 bottles? No, thank you. I grabbed a jar of the Teriyaki glaze with Honey and Pineapple. Sounded good enough.

All morning I thought about my glaze and how it sounded so boring. Something delicious as a simple glaze...I wanted more. So I thought up a meal around it and daydreamed about creating it all afternoon. Doesn't everyone do that? No, just me? You will be grateful in a minute.

Here is my creation. It has no name though. Boo. Help me out in naming it so I can save it in my recipe book, please!

________________ <----- Insert name here.
Ingredients:

1 large Chicken Breast
1 egg
1/2 cup flour
1/4 cup corn meal
1 red pepper
1/2 of a white onion
1-1 1/2 cup pineapple
2Tbsp Crushed red pepper
1/4 cup Kikkoman Terriyaki glaze Honey and Pinepple

Directions:
Mix your flour and corn meal.
Cut your chicken into 1" cubes, dip in egg and coat well in dry mixture.

Heat 1 Tbsp of oil in a wok or skillet. Brown chicken.

While chicken is browning cut your pineapple, onion and red pepper.

When chicken is cooked, set aside.Add another Tbsp of oil to your wok, add the onion and pepper. Wok for about 5 min before adding the pineapple. After adding the pineapple, cook for about 3 min.

Put chicken back into the wok with your fruit and veg. Mix in your sauce and crushed red pepper. Cook for 5 minutes, just long enough for it to melt and coat everything.

Serve and enjoy!
Please comment and help me with a name for this.

3 comments:

  1. That sounds delicious...was it yummy? You could call it Pineapple Chicken or Teriyaki and Pineapple glazed chicken bites...or hawaiian Chicken....or...I dont know

    ReplyDelete
  2. Made this tonight! It was a big hit. Maybe you could call it Sweet N Sour Fried Chicken?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails