Monday, July 18, 2011

First Family Vacay


{Warning: This post is picture loaded}

This past week was our very first vacation as a family. I shared a little bit about it here.

We spent most of our week long vacation in Arrowbear. Arrowbear is a small little town about 2 hours from us, somewhere between Arrowhead and Big Bear. We were blessed by family friends from church with their cabin, for free. Without them offering their cabin we would not have been able to take a vacation period, let alone a week long one. Side note: We only spent $160 in 7 days for a family of 4 vacation!!!


::Making her wishes::


::Leaves are high in protein or vitamins or something, right?::

::She claims she was making brother pretty::

::He was so proud to sit at the grown up table::

Rhiannon and Talon l-o-v-e-d the mountains. Rhi referred to the cabin as our mountain home. It was quite adorable. The kids both loved the dirt and all the little critters we saw.

It was a little to chilly to actually go in the lake, so that erased many of our options.
::She is so odd. I love that little personality!::


::Talon's favorite part of the mountains was the leaves.::



::I love and hate this picture. She is just too grown up. I just see her leaving for college. Tears!::


We went on an amazing hike. It was perfect for our little family. If you are ever in Arrowbear and are looking for an easy trail. The Sequoia Trail at the Heaps Peek Arboratuem. It was simple, secluded and beautiful.

Although we were having a blast at our "mountain home", the kids were getting home sick. We decided to head back home and finish up our trip as a staycation. We live in Orange County, so staying home can be quite fun.

Our first night home we went down to Disney. Hubby doesn't have a pass so him and Talon hung out in Downtown Disney while Rhi and I caught the monorail and went on a few rides.


The next day, despite the drizzling, we decided to take our bikes down to the beach for a family beach ride. When we got there, low and behold it was a beautiful day. Opps. We didn't bring swimsuits. We let the kids play in the sand, fully clothed.


Friday was a redo. We went back to the beach and this time wore swimsuits. We had a blast! We played in the water and in the sand. Steven and I wore the kids out. In fact, they both passed out on the beach. It was a great day.

This week was much needed. Now it is time to get back to work and back to reality. I am not sure if I'm ready.

Does the battle sport a such contour?

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE all the photos! You deserved that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow beautiful pictures...So glad you had such a good time...You kids deserve it you work so hard all the time...so happy for you...I love the new flower hair clips wish I could see all of them..
    LOVE YOU BUNCHES....Aunt Gail

    ReplyDelete
  3. love this post. great pictures all around. It's like I was there with you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So fun!! Looks like you guys had a wonderful time.

    And, PS - I heart your sunglasses!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails