Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Influential Women: Power of Prayer

Although I did not grow up knowing or trusting in God, His hand in my life was obvious. I was protected from so much. I was directed down a path that ended up right at His feet. There is no doubt in my mind that I ended up where I did because of the prayers of many people. One of those people being my mother in law, Kim Murphy. She is a blessing to have as a mother in law and an amazing woman of prayer. Take a minute to get to know her...

I am a woman who desires to be effective in things that really matter. As a child, I was given a principal that has carried me through my journey as a person pursuing this goal. "Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and He will direct your path. Acknowledge Him in all your ways and He will make your path straight!" Learning how to trust in the Lord is an hour by hour, minute by minute effort on my part.

As a child, waking up to get ready for school, I could always count on my mother awake and kneeling beside the sofa, praying. To this day, that model of prayer has been a "calling" in my daily routine. I wish I could say there was the same consistency in my prayer life throughout the years but I cannot. Instead the reality of taking the time to pray for my children and their future spouse is a commitment in my life. It is a hope and maybe even a greater purpose for others.

I remember when our son introduced us to Kristen and later heard her of her love for Jesus. Oh, what a delight she is in my life. Steven was wise to ask her to marry him. There is a joy as I see the commitment she has in raising their children with a love for God and others. Now I can see clearly the powerful, effective work of my mother's prayers being answered. Truly, her influence as a woman who depends on His good work is a powerful legacy.

Today, I desire even more to be a person of effective purpose in my daily life. To continue as one who talks to God and cares for others. I am blessed and grateful to know that Kristen is a woman of prayer and conviction. Walking through life, "Trusting in the Lord with all of our heart..."

Amazing, right? To hear more from her, visit her blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails