Friday, July 29, 2011

Influential Women: Living to Glorify

There are people we come in contact with that make us want to be a better person. They plant seeds in us, they influence us and they simply model a life we want to live. From a very young age, my aunt Lynette/my momma's best friend, has been that to me. Although her life wasn't always easy, she showed me the joy that Jesus brings. Through trials and tribulations, I watched my aunt rejoice. In good times, I saw her praise Him. It is a life we should all seek to live, one serving and honoring Jesus. There was always something in my auntie that I wanted. I now know the joy, that is Jesus Christ in me. I only hope that my life models Christ half as much as she has modeled Him to me.

I am so excited to share her with you today!

The saying, “With age comes wisdom” may be partially true. I do know that staying the course through the years with Christ most definitely brings spiritual maturity which invites wisdom. I’ve learned that walking closely with Him, tucking into Him, allowing Him full and abandoned access causes Him to live lavishly in us so that He can be glorified.

When asked to write about my relationship with Jesus I thought to myself,
“Well, that’s pretty easy because of Him.” As difficult as I have made it during some seasons of life, He is always full of wisdom and brings me back to one simple truth, Himself.

Try as I might I cannot seem to dissolve this union with Him. Oh I don’t mean I’m out whoopin’ it up trying to saturate myself with sin or run from His presence. I mean that no matter where I have roamed, whatever geographical, emotional, or spiritual “place” I have put myself, Jesus is ever faithful to direct or if need be, re~direct my path. He never leaves me to myself, but always gives freely what I need.


What is really perplexing is that He ever came to live in me at all. I mean really, who wants the wretched, dreary things of the world? Who wants those that make a habit out of messing up time and time again? Jesus does! He’s taught me that through Him I don’t have to live in habitual sin. In fact, we don’t have to live in sin at all. It really is true that He saves to the uttermost and that He uses the simple things, of THAT I am living proof.

What I suppose I’ve come to understand is simply this:

We make a choice to believe while allowing Him to lead the way. Once I made the choice to believe I was really moved to open my Bible and began not to just read it but to study it. Through prayer, the Spirit, mentors He placed in my life, and actively reading my Bible I grew and never stopped. I’m still growing. As I seek Him out I continually find an ever merciful Lord who desires to magnify Himself through each of us who will believe.

He has proven to me that He is good all of the time. When seasons are rough, rocky, and questionable at best, He stays the course faithful and unwavering. He has stood the test of time and it’s easier to just trust Him in all things today. Therefore, no matter the season, whatever the storm, or however sunny the outlook I choose to serve Him with the life He has given me by leading Bible studies for women, visiting orphans and widows and simply obeying Him. Jesus is easy to serve and worthy to be trusted.
- Lynette Warren

Isn't she just awesome? Can you believe this woman does not have a blog of her own...yet. I am working on her and will pass on links when I get her started :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails