Thursday, July 28, 2011

Influential Women: Fellowship

When recently asked what the most important/influential piece in my walk had been, the answer came easily. Fellowship and uplifting individuals. Don't get me wrong, without prayer and all the fundamentals, I would be lost, literally. However, when it came to establishing my faith, I could not have got where I am without time with friends in fellowship. When I first came to know God, I fell away time and time again. What made it stick this time? I believe it had a lot to do with people around me lifting me, praying WITH me and keeping me accountable. From the beginning of my steadfast walk with the Lord, I have been lifted up by someone y'all might already know, if you don't, get to know her :)


Hi Yo!
Nicole from OliveBlue, here!
Kristen asked me to stop by and leave a few words on fellowship. I jumped at the chance to post on her blog, I mean common, she is just amazing. Love me some RockABow.

Kristen and I have known each other for about 7 years now. My husband was in their wedding and they got married the weekend before we did. We even bought the same wedding dress! Not meaning to, of course, and don't worry it was rectified with little to no hair pulling! Her husband was one of my husband's first friends he made when his family moved to the area. Which leads me to the topic of fellowship. I define fellowship as surrounding yourself with like-minded individuals, who enjoy each others company.

Kristen and I have become really great friends, we are both full-fledged Christians, Mommys, handmade business owners, and obsessive about fabric. Like minded, I think so! I value Kristen in my life. I run to her for advise, a shoulder, when I have good news, a funny story or just need to hang out. I want to be around her because she builds me up, she encourages me, she speaks truth to me and we have SO MUCH FUN together. This is true fellowship.

While we were at a conference back in April we happened to come across a group of ladies that we instantly connected with. We spent the whole weekend together, eating, laughing, learning, laughing, telling stories, eating, eating, staying up SUPER late and genuinely enjoying one another. We all value the same things in life, and we all have handmade businesses. We have all stayed in contact and are even planning a craft retreat together. Another example of true fellowship and networking.

I want you to think about how you present yourself to those you meet? Are you a friend who gives as much as you get from your friends? Do you treat others how you would like to be treated? We won't always run into people we agree with or enjoy being around, but in the end you can only control YOU. It's still worth it to put yourself out there and meet other, like-minded people. I want to encourage you to leave comments on blogs, talk to someone on twitter, go to a conference, make connections. If you don't have a crafty bone in your body, find a mommy group to fellowship with, or serve at church to meet other people.

Wherever you are in life, it's important to have friends that know YOU and encourage you. It's just as important for you to be that friend to someone else.

Without friends like Nicole, I don't know if I would be standing as firmly as I am now. If you don't already have them, I encourage you to find some friends who will lift you up and hold you accountable. It had been so detrimental to me.

I also encourage you to go check out Nicole's blog

4 comments:

  1. amen and amen! you are both wise women that i am so glad to call my friends!
    (also i look like i stayed up all night in that picture....)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome post! So glad I have you in my life too ( just as Nicole said!) you truly are an amazing women of God! I'm so glad to have met Nicole too and the rest of amazing girls from the mommy group. You guys came into my life just when I needed it :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful post! You both, Nicole and Kristen are wonderful people, YAY for the wonderful friends you have made! :oD

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails