Wednesday, October 3, 2012

A God Story

For weeks, Rhiannon has been telling us that Jesus is in her heart. Asking questions about asking Him to stay in her heart forever. Growing up in a secular home and not getting saved or going to church until I was in college, I didn't know if it was even possible for a child her age to understand. Oh ye, of little faith ;) Steven and I have been discussing how to know if she truly understood. Making sure she knew the truth of Jesus and that she truly understood what she was asking.

Over these few weeks, girlfriend has shown me that she knows her stuff. She looks at me like I am crazy or not so smart when I ask her questions like "why did Jesus die?" or "did he stay buried in a tomb". With answers like "for my sins...and yours too" and "ummm, no, He is in my heart" in a tone like why don't you know this, I knew she was on the right track. Still doubting the Holy Spirit, cause I am oh so faithful in what God can do, I still prolonged it.

Then yesterday, in the midst of chaos, baby girl made in perfectly clear that she was ready. I overheard her telling Talon that Jesus loves everyone and that He was in her heart. She shared with him that in his little bible he could read about Jesus and all the stories. I knew in that moment that she was ready. I mean, she was preachin' to her baby brother, it was time to pray.

So her and I sat down and talked about what it meant. She told me that she wanted Him in her heart and that she wanted to be His princess (we had discussed that He was the King of Kings and being His daughter made her a princess. So we prayed. We prayed the sweetest most innocent prayer of salvation that I have ever heard.

I was there. I got to experience my little one make an eternal commitment. The best decision she will ever make. The biggest most important day of her life. I am still overwhelmed with tears even thinking about it. Oh the joy of knowing my daughter loves the Lord.

After praying, she told me she wanted to tell everyone. We called her daddy and grandmas, we told her bestfriends. It was such an exciting moment. The joy of the Lord was painted on her face. And there was a change in her. Her attitude has changed. Call me crazy but the girl has been transformed. I'm not saying that she isn't still a trouble-making almost 4 year old. But there has been a change in my sweet girl.

I went back and forth about sharing this here but I really wanted to have it documented. With her being so young, I don't want her to forget how it happened. I know she will always remember the decision. It is something she will live by from now on. But the hows, I wanted her to have those. So I asked her if I could post it. She was excited to have her "God story" as she called it on the blog. So her it is Rhiannon's God Story.

10 comments:

  1. This is wonderful! I am so thankful you decided to share it here in this space :) Isn't it amazing how He can work in the hearts of little ones? My 5 year old accepted Christ over the summer and I was just like you! Doubted his every step! Very thankful He didn't give up on this momma :) Congrats to you and your sweet little daughter! This is a huge testament of how you are raising your children! Awesome job momma!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I am not alone in the doubt. hehe So exciting though, right? Congrats to your 5 year old as well.

      Delete
  2. I'm in tears Kristen! What a joyous moment!! So young and so knowledgeable already! This is beautiful!!! You are awesome for documenting this for her to share someday with her kids, on how she got saved. Thank you--you made my afternoon!
    Barbara at Chase the Stae

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so sweet. It really is so exciting. Thanks for sharing in it with us :)

      Delete
  3. Amazing!!! And what's awesome is you have it here for her to look back on one day!! love!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I am excited that she will always know the day it happened and how it came about.

      Delete
  4. I love this! I was hoping you would blog this! I was young like Rhiannon when I first accepted Jesus and I honestly can't say if I was 4 or 5 or even 6. So when people would ask "when did you accept Jesus" I'd say when I was very young- but I honestly don't remember. I love you blogged this for her so now she can wholeheartedly answer 4 when someone asks her! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Danae! This makes me so excited. Such confirmation that sharing her story was a good thing and not stealing her thunder. It also helps me knowing that there are people who accepted Jesus so young and have clung to their faith throughout like you have. Love you!

      Delete
  5. That is amazing! I am so happy for you and of course your little princess!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails