Thursday, October 25, 2012

Sweet Tooth Safety


The gloom that October brings me has meant two things for this little series.

1. I don't check in often.
I haven't been really posting on the blog. I don't have time and when I do, I just don't feel like doing anything. I hate October. Other than Rhiannon's birthday, that I haven't shared about, this month is nothing but sadness for me. So I neglect the blog and all of the things I know I want to post about.

2. I eat. A lot.
I am a bit of a depression/stress eater. It means bad things for a diet. I have done fairly well considering but the weight isn't shedding as quickly as I would have liked.

So here I am. Finally checking in. With little to no useful info for you all. But I wanted to sign on and let you know I have not quit. Set backs, yes. Quitter, no.

What I can share with you is about not gaining while in a funk.

I have been able to maintain and even slowly lose weight despite the stress and sadness eating. The trick. Don't tell yourself no. Don't make it so you can't eat the things that you need to sit and cry with or the things that bring you comfort. If you are anything like me, if you tell yourself no to a favorite, you will want it more. It becomes the food you sneak. So why not just make it work?

I am a coffee drinker. I love me some Starbucks. I mentioned it in the last post I believe but I have simply been choosing lower calorie options. The taste is a tad bit off but it still meets the craving.

Let's look at the Mocha Frappuccino (this is the part of the blog where you look away if you would like to continue living in denial). The Venti Mocha Frappuccino has a whooping 400 calories. Ouch. That is a third of my daily intake. Not okay. But when we move on to the Light version it is only 190 calories. Less than half of the caloric intake. What the what?!?! New favsie. I can drink this and eat a fruit and we have breakfast. Is this the healthiest option? No, but we will work on healthy when I'm not lookin' for comfort. Don't judge :)

Need a chocolate fix? Go with dark chocolate. Although the calories are about the same, the carbs are not. Now I don't do the no or even low carb diet but when I'm not eating a protein to balance it all out, I try not to eat too many carbs. Makes sense, right? I think so. Haha. Oh and also, maybe it is just me but I feel like dark chocolate tends to be more filling. Don't quote me on that though.

Lastly, ice-cream. Who needs it? Go Fro-Yo.

So those are my tips to losing weight while eating whatever you want.

Mind you, I do not do this every day. It is not a regular thing. But when I need something to meet my "I need sweets 'cause I'm sad and I'm a girl" craziness, these are the options I have used to stay within my limits.


2 comments:

  1. I am a bit of a depression/stress eater. It means bad things for a diet. I have done fairly well considering but the weight isn't shedding as quickly as I would have liked.


    http://www.mccluresmovingandstorage.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am totally agree with your opinion.this blog post is very encouraging to people who want to know these topics.



    http://mdfincasycomunidades.com/

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails