Anyhow, last night I whipped up some AMAZING cinnamon rolls with a cream cheese frosting. Yummy! Everything lately has been from scratch, so my heart really goes into them. Let me give ya a little background on just how much heart went into these babies! Hubs and I spent our Honeymoon in Pismo Beach. We chose somewhere close in hopes of going back every year. While on our honeymoon we found this little place that made the BEST cinnamon rolls. Sooo it became tradition that on our anniversary we would go there and enjoy. Cute right? Well...we went back once and then came Rhiannon. And now Talon. Apparently when we made these plans to go back every year we knew nothing about being parents. Bye Bye trip. See ya later cinnamon rolls.
So last night I decided to try to replicate those yummy cinnamon rolls. Although doing it around our anniversary in July probably would have been a better idea. That's not the point. They hit the mark! That's what is important.
I thought I would share them with you. If I knew how good they were gonna be I would have taken pics along the way and made you a little tutorial but I had no idea. So here is the recipe. That is the best I can do for ya. You will not be disappointed! Here ya go friends...

(Pardon the horrible photo. Snapped it super quick with my phone.)
Ingredients
- 2 (.25 ounce) packages active dry yeast
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 2 cups warm water
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 6 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
Directions
- In a large mixing bowl, dissolve yeast and 1/3 cup sugar in warm water. Stir in salt and 2 cups flour. Beat mixture for 2 minutes. Beat in eggs and oil. Stir in the remaining flour, 1/2 cup at a time, beating well after each addition.
- When the dough has pulled together, turn it out onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic, about 5 minutes. Lightly oil a large bowl, place the dough in the bowl and turn to coat with oil. Cover with a damp cloth and let rise in a warm place until doubled in volume, about 40 minutes. In a small bowl, stir together 1/2 cup sugar and 2 teaspoons cinnamon; set aside.
- Divide the dough into twelve equal pieces. Take each piece of dough, roll into a log and roll in cinnamon sugar mixture. Place the knots in a lightly greased 9x13 inch baking pan. Cover the rolls with a damp cloth and let rise until doubled in volume, about 40 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes, until golden.
Ingredients
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons milk
Combine confectioner's sugar, cream cheese, butter and vanilla. Add milk gradually until frosting reaches a spreading consistency. Spread over warm (but not hot) cinnamon rolls.
No comments:
Post a Comment